Java Swing Based Desktop Application Perf Testing

  • Husain Shaikh
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 1, 2013
      Hi All,
           I need to do performance testing of a desktop application (Java Swing)  using LoadRunner which is downloaded @ cleint location using JWS(Java Web Start) and communicates to database server.

      How can this be done, whihc protocol can be used and how about the complexity level.

      Thanks,

    • Siva Gelli
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 2, 2013
        You can very well try web protocol. If you are good at Java you can try
        Java over Http.

        On Wed, Jan 2, 2013 at 9:49 AM, Husain Shaikh <hp_load_runner@...>wrote:

        > **
        >

        > Hi All,
        > I need to do performance testing of a desktop application (Java
        > Swing) using LoadRunner which is downloaded @ cleint location using
        > JWS(Java Web Start) and communicates to database server.
        >
        > How can this be done, whihc protocol can be used and how about the
        > complexity level.
        >

        > Thanks,

      • James Pulley
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 2, 2013
          Please lay out the architectural rationalization for "trying web" given the description of the application. I think the steps you took to suggest web would be useful for others struggling to figure out which protocol to record.

          'Pulley

          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 2, 2013
            Thanks for the input Siva.
            Does any one has hands on expereince of such application.

            Sent from Yahoo! Mail on Android

          • Infovista Abdul Subhan
            Message 5 of 5 , Jan 2, 2013
              hi there:

              what type of database connectivity......

              NOTE: This e-mail message is subject to the Dubai Customs disclaimer see http://www.dccc.ae/email_disclaimer.html <http://www.dccc.ae/email_disclaimer.html>