Re: Kerberos with LoadRunner

  • susil
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 1, 2011
      Hi Ashish,
      any luck? i am stuck with the same issue for Winsock protocol.

      Susil

      --- In LoadRunner@yahoogroups.com, "Ashish" <ashish_tyagi123@...> wrote:

      > Hi all
      >
      > Does anyone know how Kerberos authentication can be handled through the following protocols of LoadRunner:Winsock, Sybase and Web Services.
      >
      > The Support forum has some workarounds for working on HTTP protocol with LoadRunner but we work on a lot of client server applications and need to know if there is a generic solution to Kerberos authentication for the above mentioned protocols.
      >
      > Ashish

    • chaitanya bhatt
      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 1, 2011
        For enabling kerberos identity negotiation requests please follow the below
        mentioned procedure:

        Open script>runtime settings>Preference>Authentication

        Change parameter property of "Enable Integrated Authentication" from "No" to
        "Yes"

        Thanks
        Chaitanya Bhatt
        http://www.performancecompetence.com

        On Thu, Sep 1, 2011 at 5:52 AM, susil <susilgilbert@...> wrote:

        > **
        >

        > Hi Ashish,
        > any luck? i am stuck with the same issue for Winsock protocol.
        >
        > Susil
        >

        > --- In LoadRunner@yahoogroups.com, "Ashish" <ashish_tyagi123@...> wrote:
        > >
        > > Hi all
        > >
        > > Does anyone know how Kerberos authentication can be handled through the
        > following protocols of LoadRunner:Winsock, Sybase and Web Services.
        > >
        > > The Support forum has some workarounds for working on HTTP protocol with
        > LoadRunner but we work on a lot of client server applications and need to
        > know if there is a generic solution to Kerberos authentication for the above
        > mentioned protocols.
        > >
        > > Ashish

      • Hristo Genev
        Message 3 of 7 , Sep 1, 2011
          SSL replay is not supported in WinSock

          On Thu, Sep 1, 2011 at 3:52 PM, susil <susilgilbert@...> wrote:

          > **
          >

          > Hi Ashish,
          > any luck? i am stuck with the same issue for Winsock protocol.
          >
          > Susil
          >

          > --- In LoadRunner@yahoogroups.com, "Ashish" <ashish_tyagi123@...> wrote:
          > >
          > > Hi all
          > >
          > > Does anyone know how Kerberos authentication can be handled through the
          > following protocols of LoadRunner:Winsock, Sybase and Web Services.
          > >
          > > The Support forum has some workarounds for working on HTTP protocol with
          > LoadRunner but we work on a lot of client server applications and need to
          > know if there is a generic solution to Kerberos authentication for the above
          > mentioned protocols.
          > >
          > > Ashish

        • James Pulley
          Message 4 of 7 , Sep 1, 2011
            Sure it is. Only the onus falls to the developer to manage the keys for encryption/decryption and to run the received/sent buffers through the appropriate algorithms to turn the information into something usable by the other side.

            Can it be done? Yes. Would anyone want to have to do this? Not particularly. Is there a better path? ~~Almost~~ always.

            --- In LoadRunner@yahoogroups.com, Hristo Genev <harrygg@...> wrote:

            > SSL replay is not supported in WinSock
            >
            > On Thu, Sep 1, 2011 at 3:52 PM, susil <susilgilbert@...> wrote:
            >
            > > **
            > >

            > > Hi Ashish,
            > > any luck? i am stuck with the same issue for Winsock protocol.
            > >
            > > Susil
            > >

            > > --- In LoadRunner@yahoogroups.com, "Ashish" <ashish_tyagi123@> wrote:
            > > >
            > > > Hi all
            > > >
            > > > Does anyone know how Kerberos authentication can be handled through the
            > > following protocols of LoadRunner:Winsock, Sybase and Web Services.
            > > >
            > > > The Support forum has some workarounds for working on HTTP protocol with
            > > LoadRunner but we work on a lot of client server applications and need to
            > > know if there is a generic solution to Kerberos authentication for the above
            > > mentioned protocols.
            > > >
            > > > Ashish

          • Ashish
            Message 5 of 7 , Sep 2, 2011
              Sushil,

              What I found out was that we can make HTTP and .NET scripts work with Kerberos without much difficulties. With HTTP protocol, you can change run time settings and make ur scripts work.

              However, for Winsock, Sybase CT Lib, etc. LR doesnt have any support out of the box and you might need to add additional logic to handle the Kerberos part of it. This is what HP L2 engg told me in response to a ticket.

              If your development team can change authentication type from Kerberos to NTLM/Siteminder, it will help you in perf testing your application. Explain them clearly why you require a change in the auth type and mention what risks can be involved. If they are fine with the risks, you should be good to go!

              You would typically get "Clock skew too high" or "MATE authentication failure" type of errors when using Winsock with a Kerberos authenticated application during replay in extended log.

              Regards,
              Ashish

              --- In LoadRunner@yahoogroups.com, "James Pulley" <loadrunner-lists@...> wrote:

              > Sure it is. Only the onus falls to the developer to manage the keys for encryption/decryption and to run the received/sent buffers through the appropriate algorithms to turn the information into something usable by the other side.
              >
              > Can it be done? Yes. Would anyone want to have to do this? Not particularly. Is there a better path? ~~Almost~~ always.
              >
              > --- In LoadRunner@yahoogroups.com, Hristo Genev <harrygg@> wrote:
              > >
              > > SSL replay is not supported in WinSock
              > >
              > > On Thu, Sep 1, 2011 at 3:52 PM, susil <susilgilbert@> wrote:
              > >
              > > > **
              > > >

              > > > Hi Ashish,
              > > > any luck? i am stuck with the same issue for Winsock protocol.
              > > >
              > > > Susil

              > > > following protocols of LoadRunner:Winsock, Sybase and Web Services.

              > > > LoadRunner but we work on a lot of client server applications and need to
              > > > know if there is a generic solution to Kerberos authentication for the above
              > > > mentioned protocols.

            • Ashish
              Message 6 of 7 , Sep 2, 2011
                Chetanya, are you sure you will see all these options in all protocols of LoadRunner? I think you have not read my post carefully.

                Ashish