Load generators configuration

  • Nishant Gingade
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 31, 2010
      Hey folks,

      I am setting up a scenario with 9 load generators. I see the agent service
      up and running in all the load generators, but i still get "Failed to
      connect to the loadgenerator" in 2 cases
      and "Failed to connect to the agent service" in other 2 cases.

      It would be great help if someone can guide me in having this issue resolved

      --
      Regards,
      Nishant.

    • chaitanya bhatt
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 1, 2010
        -From the controller machine, check if you are able to ping those "failed to
        connect" Load Generators. If your ping request is timing out then probably
        the firewall is blocking incoming requests on those LG machines, in which
        case you will have to disable firewall(on selective ports) to connect to
        those machines.
        -Also, check if those machines are in the same network domain.

        -Chaitanya M Bhatt

        On Tue, Aug 31, 2010 at 10:23 PM, Nishant Gingade <nishant1803@...>wrote:

        > Hey folks,
        >
        > I am setting up a scenario with 9 load generators. I see the agent service
        > up and running in all the load generators, but i still get "Failed to
        > connect to the loadgenerator" in 2 cases
        > and "Failed to connect to the agent service" in other 2 cases.
        >
        > It would be great help if someone can guide me in having this issue
        > resolved
        >
        > --
        > Regards,
        > Nishant.

      • James Pulley
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 1, 2010
          For the first message I would look at a network routing issue. For the
          second a firewall rule preventing access to the service.

          James Pulley, http://www.loadrunnerbythehour.com/PricingMatrix