Re: [LoadRunner] Script works flawlessly when login and logout are in Action(), fails with init.

  • Kiran
    Message 1 of 14 , Oct 1, 2009
      try url mode of recording ,if it does not work, then move login,logout into action and then add some valid verification ,build a loop in the action part.With this approach you login and logout once.
      I feel url mode should be work as its context less mode compare to HTML.

      Message 2 of 14 , Oct 2, 2009
        Hi

        Not sure if it applicable in this case but you should review the Browser cache settings and especially the "Simulate a new user on each iteration" settings in the the Run Time settings as they can have a profound impact.

        Cheers

        Ray Andrews
        http://www.testingperformance.co.uk

        --- In LoadRunner@yahoogroups.com, Kiran <kiranbadi1991@...> wrote:

        > try url mode of recording ,if it does not work, then move login,logout into action and then add some valid verification ,build a loop in the action part.With this approach you login and logout once.
        > I feel url mode should be work as its context less mode compare to HTML.

      • vamsi556
        Message 3 of 14 , Oct 3, 2009
          are u using Siebel-Web protocol?. These issues are the characteristics
          of Siebel -Web protocol. if so please use siebel scripting best
          practices document available in HP Knowledge base Thanks Vamsi
          http://performancetestinginfo.blogspot.com/
          --- In LoadRunner@yahoogroups.com, "ilja2k" <ilja2k@...> wrote:

          > Hi,
          >
          > I have an issue I have been struggling with for a while.
          > I have created the script, correlated all necessary values, ensured
          the script runs correctly. I can see values in the run time data being
          changed as captured by my correlations. A review of the replay pages
          shows the expected results over many iterations.
          > This script has login, actions, and logout all in the Action()
          section.

          > Moving the login to vuser_init(), and logout to vuser_end(), works for
          one iteration, however, for 2 or more iterations, I get an error that a
          match is not found for my correlations. The run time data shows the
          values for 1 iteration, but then fail to change for subsequent
          iterations.

          > Am I correct in assuming that the correlations are correct since it
          works in action(), I see no reason it should fail just because the login
          and logout statements are moved to the proper locations.

          > HP support stated it it acceptable to have the logins and logouts in
          Action(), I disagree. A user should be able to login, perform many
          things during their session.
          > They have been provided the working script and failing script with
          extended logs of the success and failures.

          > Regards,
          >
          > Ilja
          > Mxi, Ottawa, Canada

        • vamsi
          Message 4 of 14 , Oct 3, 2009
            are u using Siebel-Web Protocol?

            Not sure if it applicable in this case but you should review the Browser cache settings and especially the "Simulate a new user on each iteration" settings in the the Run Time settings as they can have a profound impact.

            Cheers

            Ray Andrews

            http://www.testingp erformance. co.uk

            --- In LoadRunner@yahoogro ups.com, Kiran <kiranbadi1991@ ...> wrote:

            > try url mode of recording ,if it does not work, then move login,logout into action and then add some valid verification ,build a loop in the action part.With this approach you login and logout once.

            > I feel url mode should be work as its context less mode compare to HTML.

            > --- On Wed, 30/9/09, Ilja K <ilja2k@...> wrote:

            > From: Ilja K <ilja2k@...>

            > Subject: Re: [LoadRunner] Script works flawlessly when login and logout are in Action(), fails with init.

            > To: LoadRunner@yahoogro ups.com

            > Date: Wednesday, 30 September, 2009, 5:17 AM

            > Gents,

            > Thank you for the continued input into this thread.

            > I agree, the usage profile can be up for debate, however, this is only one of several usage type/profile I am working with. There are users such as engineers, planners, etc that will remain on the system for an extended period of time and not log out until completing several types of activities..

            > As for Security, a session may remain open, however, additional auth is required at key points in the application, including digital signature. When there is an event, there is an extensive audit trail.

            > Mike W., I have to disagree that extensive log investigating is the interesting bit of LR scripting, however, it has its merits. I have extended logs of both the successful run (all in action(), and a failed multi iteration run using init, action and end.

            > I would expect an error indicating the issue if the script were not stopping and starting in the same place/page ie, not found. However, The script stops and ends in the same place.

            > The only error I can see is that in the first iteration, the correlated parameters are found, but in iteration 2+ they are not.

            > I'll be sure to post my findings/resolution for future readers to benefit. So far, HP support has no ideas either.

            > Once again, thanks for chiming in.

            > Ilja

            > ____________ _________ _________ __

          • Corey Bailey
            Message 5 of 14 , Oct 3, 2009
              Really?

              Regards,
              Corey Bailey

              On Oct 3, 2009, at 1:16 PM, vamsi <vamsi556@...> wrote:

              > are u using Siebel-Web Protocol?
              >
              > --- On Fri, 10/2/09, traydaht <ray.andrews@...>
              > wrote:
              >
              > From: traydaht <ray.andrews@...>
              > Subject: [LoadRunner] Re: Script works flawlessly when login and
              > logout are in Action(), fails with in
              > To: LoadRunner@yahoogroups.com
              > Date: Friday, October 2, 2009, 6:27 PM
              >

              > Hi
              >
              > Not sure if it applicable in this case but you should review the
              > Browser cache settings and especially the "Simulate a new user on
              > each iteration" settings in the the Run Time settings as they can
              > have a profound impact.
              >
              > Cheers
              >
              > Ray Andrews
              >
              > http://www.testingp erformance. co.uk
              >
              > --- In LoadRunner@yahoogro ups.com, Kiran <kiranbadi1991@ ...> wrote:
              >

              > > try url mode of recording ,if it does not work, then move
              > login,logout into action and then add some valid verification ,build
              > a loop in the action part.With this approach you login and logout
              > once.
              >
              > > I feel url mode should be work as its context less mode compare to
              > HTML.
              >

              > > --- On Wed, 30/9/09, Ilja K <ilja2k@...> wrote:
              >

              > > From: Ilja K <ilja2k@...>
              >
              > > Subject: Re: [LoadRunner] Script works flawlessly when login and
              > logout are in Action(), fails with init.
              >
              > > To: LoadRunner@yahoogro ups.com
              >
              > > Date: Wednesday, 30 September, 2009, 5:17 AM

              > > Gents,
              >

              > > Thank you for the continued input into this thread.
              >

              > > I agree, the usage profile can be up for debate, however, this is
              > only one of several usage type/profile I am working with. There are
              > users such as engineers, planners, etc that will remain on the
              > system for an extended period of time and not log out until
              > completing several types of activities..
              >

              > > As for Security, a session may remain open, however, additional
              > auth is required at key points in the application, including digital
              > signature. When there is an event, there is an extensive audit trail.
              >

              > > Mike W., I have to disagree that extensive log investigating is
              > the interesting bit of LR scripting, however, it has its merits. I
              > have extended logs of both the successful run (all in action(), and
              > a failed multi iteration run using init, action and end.
              >

              > > I would expect an error indicating the issue if the script were
              > not stopping and starting in the same place/page ie, not found.
              > However, The script stops and ends in the same place.
              >

              > > The only error I can see is that in the first iteration, the
              > correlated parameters are found, but in iteration 2+ they are not.
              >

              > > I'll be sure to post my findings/resolution for future readers to
              > benefit. So far, HP support has no ideas either.
              >

              > > Once again, thanks for chiming in.
              >

              > > Ilja

            • Matthew Stephenson
              Message 6 of 14 , Oct 3, 2009
                In every case I have seen this it has been a correlation problem.  If this is actually a Siebel script - that is exactly what the problem is.  Clearing the cache will not help.  The problem is the SWEC is off.  And if this is a Siebel script, and you do not know what a SWEC is - you are not going to get this working correctly.  You can do a lot of things to make is look like it is working (faking the customer) but there is only one thing to do that is correct - and that is to correlate all dynamic data - including SWEC.

                Good luck.

                From: traydaht <ray.andrews@ testingperforman ce.co.uk>

                To: LoadRunner@yahoogro ups.com

                Date: Friday, October 2, 2009, 6:27 PM