RE: [LoadRunner] Re: Com/Dcom compiler errors

  • hari K
    Message 1 of 13 , Jun 30, 2009
      Hi James,

      Thank you for your Valuble comment, the time spent on this issue and also info collected about the Company. Yes, we do have D/COM COE team/ Support team but before going to them, I should make sure that the error message is sent because of the missing D/COM Components. I don't wanted to waste your time or my time nither their time too...

      I checked with the Support Team and found that all the D/COM Components are working properly in the Server B, C & D.

      After checking the above information, this time I manually started the Load Genarator throung Dos Prompt and what I found was a different error message

      Error from vuser_init.c (36) : lrc_IDispatch_QueryInterface : Error loading type library/DLL.

      Line No.36:-
      {GUID riid = IID__CAuthorisation;
      lrc_IDispatch_QueryInterface(IDispatch_0, &riid, (void**)&_CAuthorisation_0, CHECK_HRES);}

      Thank you James Once Again.....

      With Regards,

      K.Srihari

      --------------------------------------------------------------x-------------------------------------------------------------------

      From: jpulley@itestsoluti ons.com <jpulley@itestsoluti ons.com>
      To: "LoadRunner" <LoadRunner@yahoogro ups.com>
      Date: Sunday, 28 June, 2009, 3:04 AM

      You are missing the D/COM components in environment B which are
      referenced successfully by your script in environment A.

      From: James Pulley <jpulley@itestsolut i ons.com
      <http://in.mc948. mail.yahoo. com/mc/compose? to=jpulley% 40itestsolutions .com>

      To: LoadRunner@yahoogro ups.com
      <http://in.mc948. mail.yahoo. com/mc/compose? to=LoadRunner% 40yahoogroups. com>
      Date: Friday, 26 June, 2009, 5:17 PM

      Troubleshooting 101

      ------------ -------

      1. Works in Environment One.

      2. Does Not work in Environment Two.

      3. What components/software packages are installed in Environment
      One but

      are not present in Environment Two?

      4. Reconcile the Differences.

      5. Retest in VUGEN in Environment Two to confirm additions have
      addressed

      the issue.

      6. Continue efforts in the controller in Environment Two.

      Note: The above assumes that the workstation used to construct the
      virtual

      users in VUGEN is not the same host used as a Load Generator as a
      part of

      the test.

      'Pulley

      Message 2 of 13 , Jul 1, 2009
        Hi John,

        Yes, James did gave a solution for D/COM Components are Missing issues.

        But what i found was the D/COM Components are running fine in the servers and this time I manually started the Load Genarators through DOS Prompt. but the error was something different.

        Error from vuser_init.c (36) : lrc_IDispatch_QueryInterface : Error loading type library/DLL.

        Line No.36:-
        {GUID riid = IID__CAuthorisation;
        lrc_IDispatch_QueryInterface(IDispatch_0, &riid, (void**)&_CAuthorisation_0, CHECK_HRES);}

        Thanks Jhon

        With Regards,
        K.Srihari
        ------------------------------------------------------------x--------------------------------------------------------------------
        From: jpulley@itestsoluti ons.com <mailto:jpulley% 40itestsolutions .com>
        <jpulley@itestsoluti ons.com <mailto:jpulley% 40itestsolutions .com> >
        To: "LoadRunner" <LoadRunner@yahoogro ups.com
        <mailto:LoadRunner% 40yahoogroups. com> >
        Date: Sunday, 28 June, 2009, 3:04 AM

        You are missing the D/COM components in environment B which are referenced
        successfully by your script in environment A.

        I have also a same sort of issues, Kindly guide me

        During LoadTest on a Client/Server Application using Loadrunner v8.1.3.0

        COM/DCOM Protocol. we had encountered the below error messages during

        Controller run. The same scripts where running fine in the Vugen, but In

        Controller not even one Vuser Load got Passed, i was able to see the

        following error messages and all my scripts failed henceforth.

        Details of the Error Message:

        Error from vuser_init.c (35) : lrc_IDispatch_ QueryInterface :

        Interface pointer is NULL

        The error message shows to this particular line in the script {

        GUID riid = IID__CAuthorisation ;

        lrc_IDispatch_ QueryInterface( IDispatch_ 0,

        &riid, (void**)&_CAuthoris ation_0, CHECK_HRES);

        }

        Kindly help me out

        Thanks in Advance,

        K.Srihari

        --- In LoadRunner@yahoogro ups.com, "douglasmurphy2002" <doug50@...> wrote:

        > I am trying to compile a script using Com/Dcom to load test our

        > application and the following errors are generated when the compiler

        > is run:

        > vuser_init.c (3782): undeclared identifier `error'

        > vuser_init.c (3782): type error in argument 1 to

        > `lrc_IDispatch_ QueryInterface' ; found `int' expected `pointer to

        > struct interface_IDispatch ' vuser_init.c (3782): syntax error; found

        > `!' expecting `)' vuser_init.c (3782): insufficient number of

        > arguments to `lrc_IDispatch_ QueryInterface' vuser_init.c (3782):

        > syntax error; found `!' expecting `;'

        > this causes the compile to fail. I have tried using filters such as

        > ADO recordset filtering to compare the two diffent scripts to no

        > avail.

        > Does anybody have any ideas? Hopefully someone has encountered this

        > problem!!!

        See the Web's breaking stories, chosen by people like you. Check out Yahoo! Buzz. http://in.buzz.yahoo.com/

      • James Pulley
        Message 3 of 13 , Jul 1, 2009
          Code Portability Axiom, External Dependencies

          If one develops code which works in environment A, but does not work in
          environment B, and this code references items which are external to the
          code in question, then the external dependencies to the code base which
          are present in environment A have not been satisfied for environment B
          and this external dependency is the source of the errors in environment
          B.

          To resolve, identify all differences between environment A and
          environment B. Reconcile the differences such that Environment B is a
          better representation of Environment A. Differences may or may not be
          limited to:

          * External dependency "registration" with the OS
          * Versions of external dependencies
          * locations of external dependencies
          * file size and date/time stamp differences for
          external dependencies
          * Path differences leading to different versions of
          external dependencies being referenced
          * Differences in installation options/procedures in
          Environment B versus Environment A.
          * Differences in version/installation of run time
          environment (if a run time interpreter is used)
          * Differences in version/installation of virtual
          machine environment (if a VM is used)

          On Wed, 2009-07-01 at 14:54 +0530, lucky_2982@... wrote:

          > Hi John,
          >
          > Yes, James did gave a solution for D/COM Components are Missing issues.
          >
          > But what i found was the D/COM Components are running fine in the servers and this time I manually started the Load Genarators through DOS Prompt. but the error was something different.
          >
          > Error from vuser_init.c (36) : lrc_IDispatch_QueryInterface : Error loading type library/DLL.
          >
          > Line No.36:-
          > {GUID riid = IID__CAuthorisation;
          > lrc_IDispatch_QueryInterface(IDispatch_0, &riid, (void**)&_CAuthorisation_0, CHECK_HRES);}
          >

          > Thanks Jhon
          >
          > With Regards,
          > K.Srihari
          > ------------------------------------------------------------x--------------------------------------------------------------------

        • John Crunk
          Message 4 of 13 , Jul 1, 2009
            James has been very nice in answering this for you several different ways. I
            would suggest that you go back and read the answers again and if you still
            don't understand get someone to read it to you.

            John

            From: jpulley@itestsoluti ons.com <mailto:jpulley% 40itestsolutions .com>
            <jpulley@itestsoluti ons.com <mailto:jpulley% 40itestsolutions .com> >
            To: "LoadRunner" <LoadRunner@yahoogro ups.com
            <mailto:LoadRunner% 40yahoogroups. com> >
            Date: Sunday, 28 June, 2009, 3:04 AM

            Message 5 of 13 , Jul 2, 2009
              Hi Jhon,

                  I know that James is very nice to me. I don't know whether you belive it or not, I have read all his comments very carefully and I am really working on it.

                  I really respect James valuable comment. Yesterday i found a different error and informed you both, at the same time i tried to find out the server details and the application patches installed in both the system.

                  What I found was the application Patch is an out dated, and asked the Support team to install the newer version of the application Patch in Server B (which they forgot to do earlier) and the Server A, C & D is MS WIN 2003 Server with STD Edition and the Server B is MS WIN 2000 Server, which has not been update by the Support Team when enquired, So I have given a Change Request.

                  I am Just into this field, it will take time for me to analyze things and my client knows this very well and they also need very slow and steady activity. As the Performance Testing is Planned for mid of this month, So i think every thing will be ok by that time and i have enough time to run the application as many times i need.

                  I think It will take them a week to do all the above change and will run the script after that and let see...and intimate you about the result of the run.

              Thank you Jhon & espically James for spending your valuable time on giving solution for this issues.

              With Regards,
              K.Srihari

              --- On Tue, 30/6/09, John Crunk <jcrunk@comcast. net

              From: jpulley@itestsoluti ons.com <mailto:jpulley% 40itestsolutions .com>
              <jpulley@itestsolut i ons.com <mailto:jpulley% 40itestsolutions .com> >
              To: "LoadRunner" <LoadRunner@ yahoogro ups.com
              <mailto:LoadRunner% 40yahoogroups. com> >
              Date: Sunday, 28 June, 2009, 3:04 AM