[LoadRunner] Binary string correlation

  • eugene gabuja
    Message 1 of 20 , May 1 9:08 AM
      Given the value below.

      "cor_update_stamp = \xfc\xe6\xd7\x00xt"

      I need it to add extra \ to pass it for correlation. "\\xfc\\xe6\\xd7\\x00xt"

      What is a good way to do that as string manipulation does not work since this is binary data.

      Thanks

    • penaerik
      Message 2 of 20 , May 1 9:17 AM
        Sree,

        I've done this with PC 8.1 before. I used UNC to reference my data directory and scripts. There is no problem uploading and running them in PC. My path to scripts under development is \\<share>\<project>\scripts\script*

        My path to data is \\<share>\<project>\data\*.dat. In the parameter list you also reference the path to the script in the same way.

        Then you need to be sure that your generators have permission to access that share since the scripts will be running from there.

        Give that a try then you can have only one common data.dat file and not one for each script which is less than ideal.

        --Erik

        --- In LoadRunner@yahoogroups.com, sree mc <sree_mc@...> wrote:

        > Hi,
        >
        > I created a folder Data in my C:\ Drive and created the parameter files like
        >
        > UserId.dat,
        > Password.dat
        > LeadIds.dat   etc.,
        >
        > I am calling these parameter files to all my 10 scripts i am using. If the Controller is on my local machine i can able to run the scripts with all the parameter files.
        >
        > But when i am uploading the files to run on Performance Center......the parameter files are unable to upload since i kep on my C drive.  How to overcome this????
        >
        > In order to run on performance center.....where i have to keep the paramater files????
        >
        > Can anybody explain this???

      • corey bailey
        Message 3 of 20 , May 1 9:36 AM
          It's hexadecimal not binary. 11111100 11100110 11010111 00000000 is the
          binary equivalent of the hexadecimal \xfc\xe6\xd7\x00xt

          so why does string manipulation not work?

          --
          Corey Bailey
          Principal Consultant

        • John Crunk

            Message 5 of 20 , May 1 11:26 AM
              Ok, hex..

              This is not winsock, but web custom requests with binary bodies (hex data)

              String manipulation does not work because "\xfc" saved to a char array from a parameter value ("\xfc") is not treated/recognized as "\xfc" (string) but something else....in other words there is no "\" character in the ("\xfc") parameter.

              could be string manipulation could be the right direction after all...

              --
              Corey Bailey
              Principal Consultant

            • John Crunk
              Message 6 of 20 , May 1 11:57 AM
                Should you mixed protocol I think
                John Crunk PhD ABD

                --
                Corey Bailey
                Principal Consultant

              • corey bailey
                Message 7 of 20 , May 1 12:26 PM
                  after you capture "cor_update_stamp = \xfc\xe6\xd7\x00xt"use strtok with
                  delimiters "\"
                  and strcat adding the \\ back into the string

                  On Fri, May 1, 2009 at 2:26 PM, eugene gabuja <gabujae@...> wrote:

                  > Ok, hex..
                  >
                  > This is not winsock, but web custom requests with binary bodies (hex data)
                  >
                  > String manipulation does not work because "\xfc" saved to a char array from
                  > a parameter value ("\xfc") is not treated/recognized as "\xfc" (string) but
                  > something else....in other words there is no "\" character in the ("\xfc")
                  > parameter.
                  >
                  > could be string manipulation could be the right direction after all...
                  >

                  > --- On Fri, 5/1/09, corey bailey <corey.bailey@...<corey.bailey%40citizencrane.com>>
                  > wrote:
                  >
                  > From: corey bailey <corey.bailey@...<corey.bailey%40citizencrane.com>
                  > >
                  > Subject: Re: [LoadRunner] Binary string correlation
                  > To: LoadRunner@yahoogroups.com <LoadRunner%40yahoogroups.com>
                  > Date: Friday, May 1, 2009, 11:36 AM
                  >

                  > It's hexadecimal not binary. 11111100 11100110 11010111 00000000 is the
                  > binary equivalent of the hexadecimal \xfc\xe6\xd7\x00xt
                  >
                  > so why does string manipulation not work?
                  >
                  > On Fri, May 1, 2009 at 12:08 PM, eugene gabuja <gabujae@...<gabujae%40yahoo.com>>
                  > wrote:
                  >
                  > > xe6
                  >
                  > --
                  > Corey Bailey
                  > Principal Consultant
                  > Citizencrane Consulting

                  Corey Bailey
                  Principal Consultant
                  Citizencrane Consulting

                • Kiran
                  Message 8 of 20 , May 1 4:33 PM
                    I doubt really that \x stands for any characters.I think its more of network acknowledgement.

                    Maybe you can clear the doubt as I dont really recollect what I did sometimes back when I had to correlate these hex strings in SP.

                    SP kb does have good information on these stuff as how these strings comes into picture for there tcp protocol.The same information lacks in LR KB.

                    Seems like this also depends on the OS.

                    But pls continue with what you are doing,and then post the outcome here,that would be helpfull.
                    Since you are getting this in WCR ,maybe content type is not recognised by your browser for the request and response you are getting for this.Again I forgot as how to set this in browser,I remember there is way of doing this in browser as well.Maybe you can google for it.
                    "cor_update_ stamp = \xfc\xe6\xd7\ x00xt"

                    I need it to add extra \ to pass it for correlation. "\\xfc\\xe6\ \xd7\\x00xt"

                    What is a good way to do that as string manipulation does not work since this is binary data.

                    Thanks

                    Cricket on your mind? Visit the ultimate cricket website. Enter http://beta.cricket.yahoo.com

                  • corey bailey
                    Message 9 of 20 , May 1 6:04 PM
                      \x is a delimiter.

                      On Fri, May 1, 2009 at 7:33 PM, Kiran <kiranbadi1991@...> wrote:

                      > I doubt really that \x stands for any characters.I think its more of
                      > network acknowledgement.
                      >
                      > Maybe you can clear the doubt as I dont really recollect what I did
                      > sometimes back when I had to correlate these hex strings in SP.
                      >
                      > SP kb does have good information on these stuff as how these strings comes
                      > into picture for there tcp protocol.The same information lacks in LR KB.
                      >
                      > Seems like this also depends on the OS.
                      >
                      > But pls continue with what you are doing,and then post the outcome
                      > here,that would be helpfull.
                      > Since you are getting this in WCR ,maybe content type is not recognised by
                      > your browser for the request and response you are getting for this.Again I
                      > forgot as how to set this in browser,I remember there is way of doing this
                      > in browser as well.Maybe you can google for it.
                      >
                      > --- On Fri, 1/5/09, eugene gabuja <gabujae@... <gabujae%40yahoo.com>>
                      > wrote:
                      >
                      > From: eugene gabuja <gabujae@... <gabujae%40yahoo.com>>
                      > Subject: [LoadRunner] Binary string correlation
                      > To: LoadRunner@yahoogroups.com <LoadRunner%40yahoogroups.com>
                      > Date: Friday, 1 May, 2009, 9:38 PM
                      >
                      > Given the value below.
                      >
                      > "cor_update_ stamp = \xfc\xe6\xd7\ x00xt"
                      >
                      > I need it to add extra \ to pass it for correlation. "\\xfc\\xe6\
                      > \xd7\\x00xt"
                      >
                      > What is a good way to do that as string manipulation does not work since
                      > this is binary data.
                      >
                      > Thanks

                      > Cricket on your mind? Visit the ultimate cricket website. Enter
                      > http://beta.cricket.yahoo.com

                      Corey Bailey
                      Principal Consultant
                      Citizencrane Consulting

                    • Kiran
                      Message 10 of 20 , May 2 4:49 AM
                        Yes corey,it can be delimiter.

                        > I doubt really that \x stands for any characters.I think its more of
                        > network acknowledgement.
                        >
                        > Maybe you can clear the doubt as I dont really recollect what I did
                        > sometimes back when I had to correlate these hex strings in SP.
                        >
                        > SP kb does have good information on these stuff as how these strings comes
                        > into picture for there tcp protocol.The same information lacks in LR KB.
                        >
                        > Seems like this also depends on the OS.
                        >
                        > But pls continue with what you are doing,and then post the outcome
                        > here,that would be helpfull.
                        > Since you are getting this in WCR ,maybe content type is not recognised by
                        > your browser for the request and response you are getting for this.Again I
                        > forgot as how to set this in browser,I remember there is way of doing this
                        > in browser as well.Maybe you can google for it.
                        >
                        > --- On Fri, 1/5/09, eugene gabuja <gabujae@yahoo. com <gabujae%40yahoo. com>>
                        > wrote:
                        >
                        > From: eugene gabuja <gabujae@yahoo. com <gabujae%40yahoo. com>>
                        > Subject: [LoadRunner] Binary string correlation
                        > To: LoadRunner@yahoogro ups.com <LoadRunner% 40yahoogroups. com>
                        > Date: Friday, 1 May, 2009, 9:38 PM
                        >
                        > Given the value below.
                        >
                        > "cor_update_ stamp = \xfc\xe6\xd7\ x00xt"
                        >
                        > I need it to add extra \ to pass it for correlation. "\\xfc\\xe6\
                        > \xd7\\x00xt"
                        >
                        > What is a good way to do that as string manipulation does not work since
                        > this is binary data.
                        >
                        > Thanks

                        > Cricket on your mind? Visit the ultimate cricket website. Enter
                        > http://beta. cricket.yahoo. com

                        Corey Bailey
                        Principal Consultant
                        Citizencrane Consulting

                        Message 11 of 20 , May 2 8:41 AM
                          Hi

                          Using "\x" as a delimiter instead of "\" for strtok was a good idea and produced different results however not as desired. When using "\x" as a delimiter looks like the "x" char is recognized only and not the "\x" hexadecimal sequence. Here is my code solution and sample input and expected output results:

                          char *token;
                          char param[40000];
                          char* separators = "\\x" ;
                          char newParam[4000];

                          Action()
                          {

                          //!\x01\xe74pxt
                          //\xF8\xDE\xC0(xt --> \\xF8\\xDE\\xC0(xt
                          //\xfd3\x12\xa0xt
                          //
                          //
                          strcpy(param,lr_eval_string("\xF8\xDE\xC0(xt"));
                          token = (char *)strtok(param, separators); /* Get the first token */
                          if(!token)
                          {
                          lr_output_message("No tokens found in string!");
                          return( -1 );
                          }
                          strcpy(newParam,token);
                          while( token != NULL )
                          { // While valid tokens are returned

                          token = (char *)strtok(NULL, separators); /* Get the next token*/
                          if(token != NULL )
                          {
                          lr_output_message(" %s", token);
                          strcat(newParam,"\\\\x");
                          strcat(newParam,token);
                          }

                          }
                          lr_output_message(" %s", newParam);
                          lr_save_string(newParam, "NewParam");
                          return 0;
                          }

                          Sample input "\xF8\xDE\xC0(xt"  and expected output is  "\\xF8\\xDE\\xC0(xt". However the code above outputs "\xF8\xDE\xC0(\\xt"

                          A few other sample inputs are : \xfd3\x12\xa0xt and !\x01\xe74pxt.

                          Also when using "\" as delimiter for strtok yields no changes to the string.

                          Look like the problem is the strcpy function as when it copies the string from param the string becomes something else.

                          From: corey bailey <corey.bailey@...>
                          To: LoadRunner@yahoogroups.com
                          Date: Saturday, 2 May, 2009, 6:34 AM

                          wrote:

                          > I doubt really that \x stands for any characters.I think its more of
                          > network acknowledgement.
                          >
                          > Maybe you can clear the doubt as I dont really recollect what I did
                          > sometimes back when I had to correlate these hex strings in SP.
                          >
                          > SP kb does have good information on these stuff as how these strings comes
                          > into picture for there tcp protocol.The same information lacks in LR KB.
                          >
                          > Seems like this also depends on the OS.
                          >
                          > But pls continue with what you are doing,and then post the outcome
                          > here,that would be helpfull.
                          > Since you are getting this in WCR ,maybe content type is not recognised by
                          > your browser for the request and response you are getting for this.Again I
                          > forgot as how to set this in browser,I remember there is way of doing this
                          > in browser as well.Maybe you can google for it.
                          >
                          > --- On Fri, 1/5/09, eugene gabuja <gabujae@yahoo. com
                          <gabujae%40yahoo. com>>
                          > wrote:
                          >
                          > From: eugene gabuja <gabujae@yahoo. com <gabujae%40yahoo.
                          com>>
                          > Subject: [LoadRunner] Binary string correlation
                          > To: LoadRunner@yahoogro ups.com <LoadRunner% 40yahoogroups. com>
                          > Date: Friday, 1 May, 2009, 9:38 PM
                          >
                          > Given the value below.
                          >
                          > "cor_update_ stamp = \xfc\xe6\xd7\ x00xt"
                          >
                          > I need it to add extra \ to pass it for correlation.
                          "\\xfc\\xe6\
                          > \xd7\\x00xt"
                          >
                          > What is a good way to do that as string manipulation does not work since
                          > this is binary data.
                          >
                          > Thanks

                          > Cricket on your mind? Visit the ultimate cricket website. Enter
                          > http://beta. cricket.yahoo. com

                          Corey Bailey
                          Principal Consultant
                          Citizencrane Consulting

                          Message 12 of 20 , May 2 9:21 PM
                            My mistake....

                            Body Attribute in the help file may help you

                            On Sat, May 2, 2009 at 11:41 AM, eugene gabuja <gabujae@...> wrote:

> [...]
                            > com>>
                            > > Subject: [LoadRunner] Binary string correlation
                            > > To: LoadRunner@yahoogro ups.com <LoadRunner% 40yahoogroups. com>
                            > > Date: Friday, 1 May, 2009, 9:38 PM
                            > >
                            > > Given the value below.
                            > >
                            > > "cor_update_ stamp = \xfc\xe6\xd7\ x00xt"
                            > >
                            > > I need it to add extra \ to pass it for correlation.
                            > "\\xfc\\xe6\
                            > > \xd7\\x00xt"
                            > >
                            > > What is a good way to do that as string manipulation does not work since
                            > > this is binary data.
                            > >
                            > > Thanks

                            > > Cricket on your mind? Visit the ultimate cricket website. Enter
                            > > http://beta. cricket.yahoo. com

                            > --
                            > Corey Bailey
                            > Principal Consultant
                            > Citizencrane Consulting

                            > Cricket on your mind? Visit the ultimate cricket website. Enter

                            Corey Bailey
                            Principal Consultant
                            Citizencrane Consulting

                          • Kiran
                            Message 13 of 20 , May 3 5:16 AM
                              See this if it helps,

                              http://c-faq.com/lib/strncpy.html

                              On Sat, May 2, 2009 at 11:41 AM, eugene gabuja <gabujae@yahoo. com> wrote:

> [...]
                              > com>>
                              > > Subject: [LoadRunner] Binary string correlation
                              > > To: LoadRunner@yahoogro ups.com <LoadRunner% 40yahoogroups. com>
                              > > Date: Friday, 1 May, 2009, 9:38 PM
                              > >
                              > > Given the value below.
                              > >
                              > > "cor_update_ stamp = \xfc\xe6\xd7\ x00xt"
                              > >
                              > > I need it to add extra \ to pass it for correlation.
                              > "\\xfc\\xe6\
                              > > \xd7\\x00xt"
                              > >
                              > > What is a good way to do that as string manipulation does not work since
                              > > this is binary data.
                              > >
                              > > Thanks

                              > > Cricket on your mind? Visit the ultimate cricket website. Enter
                              > > http://beta. cricket.yahoo. com

                              > --
                              > Corey Bailey
                              > Principal Consultant
                              > Citizencrane Consulting

                              > Cricket on your mind? Visit the ultimate cricket website. Enter

                              Corey Bailey
                              Principal Consultant
                              Citizencrane Consulting

                              Bollywood news, movie reviews, film trailers and more! Go to http://in.movies.yahoo.com/