Required info for PUTTY login performance test

  • pullarao grandhi
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 1, 2008
      Friends,

      I have requirement to do performance test for PUTTY login ... and i am using load runner 8.1, could you please suggest me what is the right protocal that i have to select to do this (or) suggest me what is the any other open source tool that i can use for this

      do the needful ASAP

      Thanks in Advance,
      Pullarao Grandhi

    • John Crunk
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 1, 2008
        Your post does not tell us what protocol your application uses. You may want
        to do more research so that you understand your application better. Once you
        understand it, I am sure you will have the protocol, but till then, I don�t
        think anyone here can help you.

        Thanks,

        John Crunk PhD Learner

        I have requirement to do performance test for PUTTY login ... and i am using
        load runner 8.1, could you please suggest me what is the right protocal that
        i have to select to do this (or) suggest me what is the any other open
        source tool that i can use for this

        do the needful ASAP

        Thanks in Advance,
        Pullarao Grandhi

        Checked by AVG.
        8:22 AM

        Checked by AVG.
        8:22 AM

      • Matthew Stephenson
        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 1, 2008
          Friend,

          I can not do any better on the advice giving by Mr (Dr) Crunk - the answer is as simple as a google search for what PUTTY does and two minutes review of the protocols supported by Loadrunner.

          But I can tell you that the  "do the needful ASAP" will get get your feeling hurt in this forum.  While it is culturally reasonable for you, it is very insulting to me and others.

          And if you needed it ASAP - you could have solved this problem is 5 to 10 min if you would have simple googled PUTTY and ready the Loadrunner documents.

          Please try to help yourself before you ask other for help.

          Message 4 of 5 , Nov 1, 2008
            Sounds like you are testing telnet to some remote host. As such this
            would use the WinSock (Windows Socket) protocol. It will let you send
            messages over a specific port. This can be simple or quite
            complicated depending on the nature of your business process (e.g.,
            your login). Have fun with that!

            PUTTY is just a tool to connect to that host. Consider your strategy
            for testing. It's unlikely that you are testing PUTTY itself.

            "Do the needful". That phrase cracks me up every time I hear it.

            --Erik

            --- In LoadRunner@yahoogroups.com, pullarao grandhi
            <pullaraograndhi@...> wrote:

            > Friends,
            >
            > I have requirement to do performance test for PUTTY login ... and i
            am using load runner 8.1, could you please suggest me what is the
            right protocal that i have to select to do this (or) suggest
            me what is the any other open source tool that i can use for this

            > do the needful ASAP
            >

            > Thanks in Advance,
            > Pullarao Grandhi

          • penaerik
            Message 5 of 5 , Nov 1, 2008
              I should also say you could use the RTE protocol, however this uses
              PowerTerm not PUTTY. There's more than one way to message a system.
              In anycase, read the "HP Virtual User Generator User's Guide" for
              further details.