adding windows monitors in Loadrunner

  • dp_perform2000
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 30, 2008
      Hello all,
      Can someone help me out with adding windows monitors during my
      scenario. NOW HERE IS THE SETUP: All worktations in my
      environemnt are running WinXP pro - SP3, they are all in a WORKGROUP
      (not a Domain).
      Whenever I try to pull stat from the controller, I get the user ID GUI,
      but all IDs keep getting access denied.

      (The IDs are Admin on all workstations)

      Is it possible to do this in a workgroup without a domain controller.

      Please help!

      Cheers!
    • martinezahector
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 1, 2008
        Well, Talk to your Network and Server Admins. Let them know what you
        need to do and they will decide if the IPSec policies need to be
        changed based on the infrastructure or network configurations. They
        will let you know if firewalls are in between those servers.
        Also, the admins will ask for details like what ports need to be
        open to do the monitoring, what access level your accounts need and
        what services must be running on those servers to allocate your
        performance monioting needs.

        I suggest you get all this information before talking to the admins.
        They will need this info to troubleshoot the access and connection
        issues.

        hope that helped.

        ~thanks

        --- In LoadRunner@yahoogroups.com, "dp_perform2000"
        <dp_perform2000@...> wrote:

        > Hello all,
        > Can someone help me out with adding windows monitors during my
        > scenario. NOW HERE IS THE SETUP: All worktations in my
        > environemnt are running WinXP pro - SP3, they are all in a
        WORKGROUP
        > (not a Domain).
        > Whenever I try to pull stat from the controller, I get the user ID
        GUI,
        > but all IDs keep getting access denied.
        >
        > (The IDs are Admin on all workstations)
        >
        > Is it possible to do this in a workgroup without a domain
        controller.

        > Please help!
        >
        > Cheers!

      • dp_perform2000
        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 1, 2008
          I forgot to add: this is in my home network (WORKGROUP) the regular
          setup where you have XP workstations acting as servers (web /
          Dbase / Load Generators).

          There are no firewall between each of these workstations.

          What ports do you think I should open to allow perfmon access these
          stats (or what services should be running?)?

          Thanks,

          --- In LoadRunner@yahoogroups.com, "martinezahector"
          <martinezahector@...> wrote:

          > Well, Talk to your Network and Server Admins. Let them know what
          you
          > need to do and they will decide if the IPSec policies need to be
          > changed based on the infrastructure or network configurations.
          They
          > will let you know if firewalls are in between those servers.
          > Also, the admins will ask for details like what ports need to be
          > open to do the monitoring, what access level your accounts need
          and
          > what services must be running on those servers to allocate your
          > performance monioting needs.
          >
          > I suggest you get all this information before talking to the
          admins.
          > They will need this info to troubleshoot the access and connection
          > issues.
          >
          > hope that helped.
          >
          > ~thanks
          >
          > --- In LoadRunner@yahoogroups.com, "dp_perform2000"
          > <dp_perform2000@> wrote:
          > >
          > > Hello all,
          > > Can someone help me out with adding windows monitors during my
          > > scenario. NOW HERE IS THE SETUP: All worktations in my
          > > environemnt are running WinXP pro - SP3, they are all in a
          > WORKGROUP
          > > (not a Domain).
          > > Whenever I try to pull stat from the controller, I get the user
          ID
          > GUI,
          > > but all IDs keep getting access denied.
          > >
          > > (The IDs are Admin on all workstations)
          > >
          > > Is it possible to do this in a workgroup without a domain
          > controller.
          > >
          > > Please help!
          > >
          > > Cheers!

        • James Pulley
          Message 4 of 6 , Oct 1, 2008
            There is an easy fix for this. What is impacting you is a conflict in
            security tokens. Your ID on your host is not likely in the administrative
            group on the box you are trying to get statistics from.

            Connect to one of the hidden shares on that Windows server C$, D$, E$,
            etc.... Use an alternate credentials set for the username and password of
            an administrative entity on the target box.

            Start perfmon on your LoadRunner controller or SiteScope box (as
            appropriate) and see if you can pull the perfmon stats from the box in
            question. What "should happen" is that your perfmon API instance will
            inherit the security token from the connection which is already connected to
            the host in question, so it will have the proper credentials to collect the
            perfmon data.

            That will be $50.00 please. Please remit the amount to your local chapter
            for the Benevolent Assistance for Battered and Abused Programmers.

            <dp_perform2000@...> wrote:

            > Hello all,
            > Can someone help me out with adding windows monitors during my
            > scenario. NOW HERE IS THE SETUP: All worktations in my environemnt are
            > running WinXP pro - SP3, they are all in a
            WORKGROUP
            > (not a Domain).
            > Whenever I try to pull stat from the controller, I get the user ID
            GUI,
            > but all IDs keep getting access denied.
            >
            > (The IDs are Admin on all workstations)
            >
            > Is it possible to do this in a workgroup without a domain
            controller.

            > Please help!
            >
            > Cheers!

          • dp_perform2000
            Message 5 of 6 , Oct 1, 2008
              "That will be $50.00 please. Please remit the amount to your local
              chapter
              for the Benevolent Assistance for Battered and Abused Programmers.
              "
              Dont understand the need for comments like this...
              Anyway I solved the problem.. it had to do with my Administrators
              not having proper rights to some registery. see link:

              Good luck with this group.
              http://support.microsoft.com/kb/300702/en-us

              --- In LoadRunner@yahoogroups.com, "James Pulley" <jpulley@...>
              wrote:

              > There is an easy fix for this. What is impacting you is a
              conflict in
              > security tokens. Your ID on your host is not likely in the
              administrative
              > group on the box you are trying to get statistics from.
              >
              > Connect to one of the hidden shares on that Windows server C$, D$,
              E$,
              > etc.... Use an alternate credentials set for the username and
              password of
              > an administrative entity on the target box.
              >
              > Start perfmon on your LoadRunner controller or SiteScope box (as
              > appropriate) and see if you can pull the perfmon stats from the
              box in
              > question. What "should happen" is that your perfmon API
              instance will
              > inherit the security token from the connection which is already
              connected to
              > the host in question, so it will have the proper credentials to
              collect the
              > perfmon data.
              >
              > That will be $50.00 please. Please remit the amount to your local
              chapter
              > for the Benevolent Assistance for Battered and Abused Programmers.

            • Raj
              Message 6 of 6 , Oct 1, 2008
                Hi,
                You need to have some specific privilege(admin or similar) to do
                windows monitoring.
                Search Controller help with key word "Troubleshooting Server Resource
                Monitors" to find more details on that.
                thanks
                Raj
                http://performancetestingfun.googlepages.com