Recording the pop-up window in LR

  • ravi
    Message 1 of 11 , Jun 1, 2007
      Hi,

      We have a scenario like downloading a file and saving file to my local system. Can loadrunner support search type of scenario and if so which protocol does it support.

      Scenario details:

      1) Login to web application Application

      2) Navigate to a Report

      3) Export the report to an local system (This step is not getting recorded)

      Please let me know if any one encounted the same problem .. and let me know the solution.

      thanks
      Ravishankar jana

    • James Pulley
      Message 2 of 11 , Jun 1, 2007
        3. Why do believe the request for the information is not being recorded
        and that the transfer of the information is not being returned. Be
        prepared to prove your theory with a protocol trace.

        Message 3 of 11 , Jun 2, 2007
          Hi,

          We also faced a similar problem.
          You need to save the Jsessionid first and then use it
          to correlate your script.It should work then.The file
          itself will never get saved on the local system.

          Regards
          Ritesh

          --- ravi <janashankar@...> wrote:

          > Hi,
          >
          > We have a scenario like downloading a file and
          > saving file to my local system. Can loadrunner
          > support search type of scenario and if so which
          > protocol does it support.
          >

          > Scenario details:
          >

          > 1) Login to web application Application
          >
          > 2) Navigate to a Report
          >
          > 3) Export the report to an local system (This step
          > is not getting recorded)
          >
          > Please let me know if any one encounted the same
          > problem .. and let me know the solution.
          >
          > thanks
          > Ravishankar jana

          > removed]
          >

          > Yahoo! Groups Links

          Download prohibited? No problem! To chat from any browser without download, Click Here: http://in.messenger.yahoo.com/webmessengerpromo.php
        • shaswat goel

            Message 5 of 11 , Jun 2, 2007
              number one misconception is that we are simulating a
              browser. People like this cost us money.

              --- James Pulley <jpulley@...> wrote:

              > 3. Why do believe the request for the information
              > is not being recorded
              > and that the transfer of the information is not
              > being returned. Be
              > prepared to prove your theory with a protocol trace.

            • Venkat Mohan
              Message 6 of 11 , Jun 3, 2007
                LR doesnt save the file, but it does download the exported file.

                Turn logging on - and enable 'Data returned from server' - run the script
                step by step and at the point of exporting the data, you shuold see lot of
                binary data. coming in. thats all that matters in the load test.

                On 6/1/07, ravi <janashankar@...> wrote:

                > Hi,
                >
                > We have a scenario like downloading a file and saving file to my local
                > system. Can loadrunner support search type of scenario and if so which
                > protocol does it support.
                >

                > Scenario details:
                >

                > 1) Login to web application Application
                >
                > 2) Navigate to a Report
                >
                > 3) Export the report to an local system (This step is not getting
                > recorded)
                >
                > Please let me know if any one encounted the same problem .. and let me
                > know the solution.
                >
                > thanks
                > Ravishankar jana

              • ravi

                  Message 8 of 11 , Jun 4, 2007
                    or provide us with more opportunities - there is a silver lining to every
                    dark cloud :)

                    On 6/2/07, cheney <socheney@...> wrote:

                    > number one misconception is that we are simulating a
                    > browser. People like this cost us money.

                  • chxsince1980
                    Message 9 of 11 , Jun 4, 2007
                      Does the browser already save the file temporarily in the machine
                      when you first load prior the export functionality. Some
                      applications function in this way. This is in fact a local copy that
                      you are viewing.

                      In this way, it's just a mere "save-as" command issue at the OS level
                      (client-end) which will not be recorded by Vugen. :)

                      Just a guess, however its best to turn on the Full Extended Log to
                      dig further such as if there are binary data transferred from the
                      server to the client as suggested by Ravi. :)

                      Regards
                      Hs
                      http://loadrunnertnt.blogspot.com

                      --- In LoadRunner@yahoogroups.com, "Venkat Mohan " <vjpjobs@...>
                      wrote:

                      > LR doesnt save the file, but it does download the exported file.
                      >
                      > Turn logging on - and enable 'Data returned from server' - run the
                      script
                      > step by step and at the point of exporting the data, you shuold see
                      lot of
                      > binary data. coming in. thats all that matters in the load test.
                      >

                      > On 6/1/07, ravi <janashankar@...> wrote:
                      > >
                      > > Hi,
                      > >
                      > > We have a scenario like downloading a file and saving file to
                      my local
                      > > system. Can loadrunner support search type of scenario and if so
                      which
                      > > protocol does it support.
                      > >

                      > > Scenario details:
                      > >

                      > > 1) Login to web application Application
                      > >
                      > > 2) Navigate to a Report
                      > >
                      > > 3) Export the report to an local system (This step is not
                      getting
                      > > recorded)
                      > >
                      > > Please let me know if any one encounted the same problem .. and
                      let me
                      > > know the solution.
                      > >
                      > > thanks
                      > > Ravishankar jana

                      > > Yahoo! Groups Links

                    • Peter DHondt
                      Message 10 of 11 , Jun 4, 2007
                        I love just sitting back and watching where this thread is going..lol

                        _____

                        http://loadrunnertn <http://loadrunnertnt.blogspot.com> t.blogspot.com

                        --- In LoadRunner@yahoogro <mailto:LoadRunner%40yahoogroups.com> ups.com,
                        "Venkat Mohan " <vjpjobs@...>
                        wrote:

                        > LR doesnt save the file, but it does download the exported file.
                        >
                        > Turn logging on - and enable 'Data returned from server' - run the
                        script
                        > step by step and at the point of exporting the data, you shuold see
                        lot of
                        > binary data. coming in. thats all that matters in the load test.
                        >

                        > On 6/1/07, ravi <janashankar@...> wrote:
                        > >
                        > > Hi,
                        > >
                        > > We have a scenario like downloading a file and saving file to
                        my local
                        > > system. Can loadrunner support search type of scenario and if so
                        which
                        > > protocol does it support.
                        > >

                        > > Scenario details:
                        > >

                        > > 1) Login to web application Application
                        > >
                        > > 2) Navigate to a Report
                        > >
                        > > 3) Export the report to an local system (This step is not
                        getting
                        > > recorded)
                        > >
                        > > Please let me know if any one encounted the same problem .. and
                        let me
                        > > know the solution.
                        > >
                        > > thanks
                        > > Ravishankar jana

                        > > Yahoo! Groups Links

                      • sadishkumarp
                        Message 11 of 11 , Jun 5, 2007
                          Hi ravi,
                          Just record the script in such a way you are downloading the
                          file to loacl desktop.then embed the following the piece of code to
                          check whether is properly getting download or not but u may able to
                          see the file but we can chaek with the status message.

                          the code is :

                          int HttpRetCode=0;

                          long DSize=0;

                          float DTime=0;

                          then te code piece is
                          HttpRetCode = web_get_int_property(HTTP_INFO_RETURN_CODE);

                          DSize = web_get_int_property(HTTP_INFO_DOWNLOAD_SIZE);

                          DTime = web_get_int_property(HTTP_INFO_DOWNLOAD_TIME);

                          if (HttpRetCode > 400)
                          {
                          lr_output_message("The Vuser failed to OpenLink");
                          lr_output_message("Iteration - %s",lr_eval_string
                          ("{ItNum}"));
                          }

                          else

                          {

                          lr_output_message("The Vuser successfully open the link");

                          lr_output_message("Status code - %d",HttpRetCode);

                          lr_output_message("File Download size - %ld
                          KB",DSize);

                          lr_output_message("File Download Time - %.2f
                          Seconds",DTime/1000);
                          }

                          add the code where excatly u r downloading the file(request)

                          --- In LoadRunner@yahoogroups.com, "Peter DHondt" <peter_dhondt@...>