Banyan Vines and LoadRunner

  • jay.roessler@xxxxxxx.xxx
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 7, 1999
      Banyan Vines and LoadRunner:

      I am attempting to install LoadRunner on a NT based machine that uses Banyan Vines network protocol. After LR is installed and a subsequent reboot, the Remote Command Launcher fails to start.

      I have contacted Mercury Support, and tried their suggestions about verifying low level communications via combinations of ping, modifying the hosts file with IPs and host names, then modfying the miccomm.ini file as follows:

      [tcpnet]
      LocalHostNameType=2 ; 0: full name (if possible), 1: short name, 2: ip address

      All these attempts failed to solve the problem.

      Does anyone have any suggestions? Moreover, has anyone used LR with Banyan Vines network protocol? If so, did it work, and are there any pitfalls that I need to look out for.

      Thanks,

      Jay R. Roessler
      Senior Systems Engineer
      Integrated Testing Solutions
      Decision Consultants, Inc. (DCI)
      email: Jay.Roessler@...
    • Tim Nichols
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 8, 1999
        LoadRunner works with TCP/IP... so I'm very surprised that you talked to CSO
        and they didn't mention that to you...or am I missing something after all
        these years thinking that Vines is Banyan's proprietary protocol?