Re: Web Recording Mode - Url vs HTML

  • marathe2000india
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 1, 2002
      Hi,

      I would like to add some quick points to it...
      In HTML mode, single HTML page is submitted .HEre a single page can
      contein more than one ,different requests for individual resource on
      the page..So a single page loading in browser can have many URLs...
      which is taken care by a single function in HTML type recording.
      Its easier to paramererize also..
      In URL type recording, these individual URLs are recorded.So large
      number of URLs get recorded ....But it fives more detail insite to
      the page building process...
      Now you need to choose between these two options ..... depending on
      your requirement..
      Typically.... if your web application have pages where in Fields need
      to filled up...and you want to test for various data inputs...then
      better go for HTML type recording...
      Hope this helps you...Queries are welcome.

      Pankaj
      India.

      --- In LoadRunner@y..., "Steve Cheney" <scheney@m...> wrote:

      > We use URL mode(analog) for the reasons stated in the manual, but
      also to
      > be able to determine other things such as isolating single
      requests, like
      > for individual gifs, and images.
      >
      > the newer versions, 7-7.5, indicate that the resource issue between
      the two
      > modes is less substantial.
      >
      > It's true you may have to correlate more, and your script may not
      be as
      > "re-usable" after long periods of time where changes to the
      application
      > have taken place, but most people I've met use analog. It's more
      flexible.

      > I actually have a white paper on that explains the differences,
      differnece
      > which i will send you.
      >

      > "Thomas Yale" <tyale@t...> on 03/29/2002 11:01:15 AM
      >
      > Please respond to LoadRunner@y...
      >
      > To: LoadRunner@y...
      > cc:
      > Subject: [LoadRunner] Web Recording Mode - Url vs HTML
      >

      > Hi Everyone,
      > >

      > I am fairly new to Loadrunner and I need to performance test a Web
      based
      > application.
      >
      > I am looking for some guidance on why I should choose URL mode vs
      Html mode
      > when recording Web Vusers.
      >
      > I have tried to record in both modes to compare and I actually
      didn't see
      > much difference.  The manual states that URL-Based scripts are more
      > scalable and effective for creating a load test.  Should I just
      stick with
      > URL mode?  Does it matter that I have alot of parameters that I
      need to
      > correlate?
      >
      > Thanks for any comments or opinions.
      >
      > Tom
      >
      > Tom Yale
      >
      > Lead, Automation and Performance Testing
      >
      > Transcentive
      >
      > 2 Enterprise Drive
      >
      > Shelton, CT 06484
      >
      > Ph: (203) 944 7300 x282
      >
      > Email: tyale@t...
      >

      > Yahoo! Groups
      Sponsor

      [IMAGE]

      [IMAGE]

    • jerryschwa
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 1, 2002
        Steve;

        At the risk of being at the start of a "me too" line, could you send
        me a copy of the white paper contrasting the two recording modes.

        Thanks;

        Jerry (jschwart@...)