Re: web_reg_save_param problem

  • sandler@mercury.co.il
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 1, 2001
      Hi,

      If you don't want to receive any errors in the script, but run the
      script smoothly, even if the data is not present in the source, then
      use the NOTFOUND=EMPTY option.
      The web_reg_save_param("param_name","NOTFOUND=EMPTY",
      "LB=...","RB=...","ORD=ALL",LAST);
      will search for the data, if not found the {param_name_count} will be
      equal to 0, thus a simple check will indicate you whether the data
      has been found or not.

      Regards,
      Efim.

      --- In LoadRunner@y..., "himadhar vemulapalli" <himawin@h...> wrote:

      > the reason could be that Ord attribute is set to all in
      web_reg_save_param
      > try the instances where the value occurs for ex: it could be
      LinkNodeID_1 or
      > LinkNodeID_2 and then once u find out which value it is capture
      that value
      > and look for u r right and left boundaries in this my guess would u
      have to
      > look for right boundary and then modify it..
      >
      > Hima
      >
      > >From: jeremie.w.dowdrick@c...
      > >To: LoadRunner@y...
      > >Subject: Re: [LoadRunner] web_reg_save_param problem
      > >Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2001 09:56:50 -0400
      > >

      > >I have seen this on two occurences first I would try and do what
      it says
      > >web_set_max_html_param_len("1024");
      > >

      > >Then If you are still getting the error see if the right page is
      being
      > >returned I was getting this alot when the server would return the
      wrong
      > >page
      > >

      > >I hope this helps
      > >

      > >Colin Griffiths <colin.griffiths@t...> on 08/31/2001 08:25:00 AM
      > >
      > >Please respond to LoadRunner@y...
      > >
      > >To: LoadRunner Group <loadrunner@y...>
      > >cc:
      > >
      > >Subject: [LoadRunner] web_reg_save_param problem
      > >

      > >Hi Everyone,
      > >
      > >Wondering if you could offer some advice?
      > >
      > >I have made use of the web_reg_save_param function to store some
      dynamic
      > >data returned by our application server.
      > >
      > >web_reg_save_param("LinkNodeID",
      > >  "LB=<Element NodeID=\"",
      > >  "RB=\"",
      > >  "Ord=All",
      > >  "Search=body",
      > >  LAST);
      > >
      > >The problem I have is that this works fine when this piece of
      data exists
      > >in the returned data, but causes an error when it doesn't (see
      below):

      > >-27190 : y:/includes/vbslib.h(1092): Error: No match found for the
      > >requested parameter "LinkNodeID". If the data you want to save
      exceeds
      > >9999999 bytes, use web_set_max_html_param_len to increase the
      parameter
      > >size
      > >
      > >Is there a way to stop this occurring ?  Obviously I don't know
      when this
      > >piece of data will be returned and when not ...

      -------------
      > >Telelogic Tau 4.2 speeds up your wireless development!
      > >Read more about this at http://www.telelogic.com/tau42
      > >
      > >Colin Griffiths
      > >Senior Test Engineer
      > >Telelogic Technologies UK Ltd
      > >4th Floor Hanover Buildings
      > >Rose Street
      > >Edinburgh
      > >EH2 2NN
      > >
      > >mailto:colin.griffiths@t...
      > >http://www.telelogic.com
      > >
      > >Telelogic - Putting you ahead in software development!
      -------------

      > > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
      > >
      > > [IMAGE]
      > >
      > > [IMAGE]
      > >

      > >Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of
      Service.

      http://explorer.msn.com/intl.asp
    • colin.griffiths@telelogic.com
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 3, 2001
        Many thanks Efim, I tried this and it appears to work fine.

        Thanks again,
        Colin.