Re: Email from DCI: Membership expiration warning notice

  • howie232002
    Message 1 of 23 , Jan 1, 2008
      --- In Living_Greyhawk@yahoogroups.com, "howie232002" <howie232002@...>
      wrote:

      > --- In Living_Greyhawk@yahoogroups.com, "Ramandra Riskalion"
      > > Please do pass along reply. Will be much appreciated.
      >
      > As way of update, I haven't seen any reply to this. I also posted it
      > in the general RPGA forum on WotC with no reply. This has largely
      been
      > over weekend hours; maybe something in the next day or two.
      >
      > Link to the WotC thread (no reply yet):
      > http://forums.gleemax.com/showthread.php?t=965815

      And now for the latest update:

      I rec'd an email that my judge status has expired. My account no
      longer shows that I am a judge, and I cannot order games. This should
      be interesting. :(

      David
    • Regina Vonrueden
      Message 2 of 23 , Jan 1, 2008
        Hi there,

        Same thing happened to me as well. So what do we do - other than doing that
        Herald test again? I was planning to run some games around the 12th of
        January.

        Can somebody official out there please clear things up, please?

        Not so Happy Gamimg,
        Regina Vonrüden #703295
        Witten/Germany (1/3)
        aka. Ramandra Riskalion

        Quote:
        Re: Email from DCI: Membership expiration warning notice
        Posted by: "howie232002" howie232002@... howie232002
        Date: Tue Jan 1, 2008 2:02 am ((PST))
        >> Link to the WotC thread (no reply yet):
        >> http://forums.gleemax.com/showthread.php?t=965815
        >
        >And now for the latest update:
        >
        >I rec'd an email that my judge status has expired. My account no
        >longer shows that I am a judge, and I cannot order games. This should
        >be interesting. :(
        >
        >David

      • Thomas Smith
        Message 3 of 23 , Jan 1, 2008
          Likewise for my wife and myself

          Thomas and Liz Smith

          Date: Tue Jan 1, 2008 2:02 am ((PST))
          >> Link to the WotC thread (no reply yet):
          >> http://forums.gleemax.com/showthread.php?t=965815
          >
          >And now for the latest update:
          >
          >I rec'd an email that my judge status has expired. My account no
          >longer shows that I am a judge, and I cannot order games. This should
          >be interesting. :(
          >
          >David

        • Wes Nicholson
          Message 4 of 23 , Jan 1, 2008
            --- In Living_Greyhawk@yahoogroups.com, "Regina Vonrueden"
            <regina@...> wrote:

            > Hi there,
            >
            > Same thing happened to me as well. So what do we do - other than
            doing that
            > Herald test again? I was planning to run some games around the 12th of
            > January.

            Taking the test again probably won't help. The RPGA web site
            says it will take "a couple of weeks" to process online tests. Given
            how many people are affected, I'd guess it would be more than a couple
            of weeks.
            What you can do, if you care enough, is send a complaint to the
            VP of Organised Play - Mr Chris Galvin. Chris.Galvin <at>
            wizards.com is his addy.
            It may not get the problem fixed, but it just might make sure it
            doesn't happen again.

            A very unhappy gamer, me.

            Wes
          • Dan Erbacher
            Message 5 of 23 , Jan 1, 2008
              --- In Living_Greyhawk@yahoogroups.com, "Wes Nicholson" <wes@...> wrote:

              > Taking the test again probably won't help. The RPGA web site
              > says it will take "a couple of weeks" to process online tests. Given
              > how many people are affected, I'd guess it would be more than a couple
              > of weeks.
              > What you can do, if you care enough, is send a complaint to the
              > VP of Organised Play - Mr Chris Galvin. Chris.Galvin <at>
              > wizards.com is his addy.
              > It may not get the problem fixed, but it just might make sure it
              > doesn't happen again.
              >
              > A very unhappy gamer, me.
              >
              > Wes

              Talk about timing...

              My wife just took the online Herald test this morning. The test has
              changed since the old days, and now updates your membership upon
              successful completion. She passed (100%!)and was able to order her
              first event within minutes.

              Just an update on information.

              Dan
            • Mike Czaplinski
              Message 6 of 23 , Jan 1, 2008
                I got one, too.

                I have no intention of retaking the test.

                WOTC can bite me.

                MikeC
                aka
                Django Stonereaver
              • MikeD (2)
                Message 7 of 23 , Jan 2, 2008
                  Hello Regina,

                  Tuesday, January 1, 2008, 10:05:20 AM, you wrote:

                  RV> Hi there,

                  RV> Same thing happened to me as well. So what do we do - other than doing that
                  RV> Herald test again? I was planning to run some games around the 12th of
                  RV> January.

                  RV> Can somebody official out there please clear things up, please?

                  Well, I am not official ... but -

                  There has been some discussion of this issue on one of the judge lists
                  (which Ian =does= read) and there is no iofficial posting there yet
                  either, so don't feel abandoned <g> I doubt that anyone 'official' was
                  even aaware of the problem until today (wed jan 2) and I would not be
                  surprised if nothing 'productive' happens before monday (Jan 7th) when
                  everyone is back from holiday.

                  So, FWIW, this sounds like a continuation of the 'problems' that they
                  had a month or so ago and so will get 'resolved' eventually.

                  Hope that helps some.

                  --
                  MikeD mailto:miked_msn@...
                • Sean
                  Message 8 of 23 , Jan 2, 2008
                    Or people could seriously just take the test again...it literally takes like 15 min if you have the 3 books AND are an experienced judge.(even faster with text searchable pdf/SRD).... This would prob be the SMARTEST thing to do if you recently judged anything for end of year play and it is going to be reported soon so that you will get credit for them. Or you could wait till the RPGA decides to do something.....which with their record for addressing issues timely...would be the least SMART thing to do...

                    Tuesday, January 1, 2008, 10:05:20 AM, you wrote:

                    RV> Hi there,

                    RV> Same thing happened to me as well. So what do we do - other than doing that

                    RV> Herald test again? I was planning to run some games around the 12th of

                    RV> January.

                    RV> Can somebody official out there please clear things up, please?

                    Well, I am not official ... but -

                    There has been some discussion of this issue on one of the judge lists

                    (which Ian =does= read) and there is no iofficial posting there yet

                    either, so don't feel abandoned <g> I doubt that anyone 'official' was

                    even aaware of the problem until today (wed jan 2) and I would not be

                    surprised if nothing 'productive' happens before monday (Jan 7th) when

                    everyone is back from holiday.

                    So, FWIW, this sounds like a continuation of the 'problems' that they

                    had a month or so ago and so will get 'resolved' eventually.

                    Hope that helps some.

                    --

                    MikeD mailto:miked_msn@verizon. net

                    <!--

                    #ygrp-mkp{
                    #ygrp-mkp hr{
                    border:1px solid #d8d8d8;}
                    #ygrp-mkp #hd{
                    #ygrp-mkp #ads{
                    margin-bottom:10px;}
                    #ygrp-mkp .ad{
                    padding:0 0;}
                    #ygrp-mkp .ad a{
                    color:#0000ff;text-decoration:none;}
                    -->

                    <!--

                    #ygrp-sponsor #ygrp-lc{
                    font-family:Arial;}
                    #ygrp-sponsor #ygrp-lc #hd{
                    #ygrp-sponsor #ygrp-lc .ad{
                    margin-bottom:10px;padding:0 0;}
                    -->

                    <!--

                    #ygrp-mlmsg * {line-height:1.22em;}
                    #ygrp-text{
                    font-family:Georgia;
                    }
                    #ygrp-text p{
                    margin:0 0 1em 0;}
                    #ygrp-tpmsgs{
                    font-family:Arial;
                    clear:both;}
                    #ygrp-vitnav{
                    #ygrp-vitnav a{
                    padding:0 1px;}
                    #ygrp-actbar{
                    #ygrp-actbar .left{
                    float:left;white-space:nowrap;}
                    .bld{font-weight:bold;}
                    #ygrp-grft{
                    #ygrp-ft{
                    padding:5px 0;
                    }
                    #ygrp-mlmsg #logo{
                    padding-bottom:10px;}

                    #ygrp-vital{
                    #ygrp-vital #vithd{
                    #ygrp-vital ul{
                    padding:0;margin:2px 0;}
                    #ygrp-vital ul li{
                    }
                    #ygrp-vital ul li .ct{
                    #ygrp-vital ul li .cat{
                    font-weight:bold;}
                    #ygrp-vital a{
                    text-decoration:none;}

                    #ygrp-vital a:hover{
                    text-decoration:underline;}

                    #ygrp-sponsor #hd{
                    color:#999;font-size:77%;}
                    #ygrp-sponsor #ov{
                    #ygrp-sponsor #ov ul{
                    padding:0 0 0 8px;margin:0;}
                    #ygrp-sponsor #ov li{
                    #ygrp-sponsor #ov li a{
                    text-decoration:none;font-size:130%;}
                    #ygrp-sponsor #nc{
                    #ygrp-sponsor .ad{
                    padding:8px 0;}
                    #ygrp-sponsor .ad #hd1{
                    #ygrp-sponsor .ad a{
                    text-decoration:none;}
                    #ygrp-sponsor .ad a:hover{
                    text-decoration:underline;}
                    #ygrp-sponsor .ad p{
                    margin:0;}
                    o{font-size:0;}
                    .MsoNormal{
                    margin:0 0 0 0;}
                    #ygrp-text tt{
                    font-size:120%;}
                    blockquote{margin:0 0 0 4px;}
                    .replbq{margin:4;}
                    -->

                  • Brandemuhl, Konrad
                    Message 9 of 23 , Jan 2, 2008
                      And some of us are at the master level. If they are aware of the
                      problem then, I'll wait and let them fix it.
                      Konrad

                    • Sean
                      Message 10 of 23 , Jan 2, 2008
                        Touche(sp) I'll rephrase that to Herald level then :) THat is what this thread started as anyway.

                        And some of us are at the master level. If they are aware of the

                        problem then, I'll wait and let them fix it.

                        Konrad

                        <!--

[...]

                      • James Burney
                        Message 11 of 23 , Jan 2, 2008
                          I am at master level and despite getting the e-mail
                          notices from DCI, my membership did not expire.

                          Daren
                          --- "Brandemuhl, Konrad"
                          <konrad.brandemuhl@...> wrote:

                          > And some of us are at the master level. If they are
                          > aware of the
                          > problem then, I'll wait and let them fix it.
                          > Konrad

                          Looking for last minute shopping deals?
                        • howie232002
                          Message 12 of 23 , Jan 2, 2008
                            <howie232002@...> wrote:

                            > --- In Living_Greyhawk@yahoogroups.com, "howie232002"
                            <howie232002@>
                            > wrote:
                            > >
                            > > --- In Living_Greyhawk@yahoogroups.com, "Ramandra Riskalion"
                            > > > Please do pass along reply. Will be much appreciated.
                            > >
                            > > As way of update, I haven't seen any reply to this. I also
                            posted it
                            > > in the general RPGA forum on WotC with no reply. This has
                            largely
                            > been
                            > > over weekend hours; maybe something in the next day or two.
                            > >
                            > > Link to the WotC thread (no reply yet):
                            > > http://forums.gleemax.com/showthread.php?t=965815
                            >
                            > And now for the latest update:
                            >
                            > I rec'd an email that my judge status has expired. My account no
                            > longer shows that I am a judge, and I cannot order games. This
                            should
                            > be interesting. :(

                            Mine is back to semi-normal; it looks like folks are taking care of
                            things this morning

                            David
                          • Lisa Liscoumb
                            Message 13 of 23 , Jan 2, 2008
                              I was also at Master level. My membership expired and I can no longer order
                              events. Since I'm not planning on doing so for a while I'm taking a "wait
                              and see" attitude rather than trying to retake a test I've already passed.

                              Regards,

                              Lisa Liscoumb

                              On 1/2/08, James Burney <nycguyynkfan@...> wrote:

                              > I am at master level and despite getting the e-mail
                              > notices from DCI, my membership did not expire.
                              >
                              > Daren
                              > --- "Brandemuhl, Konrad"
                              > <konrad.brandemuhl@...> wrote:
                              >
                              > > And some of us are at the master level. If they are
                              > > aware of the
                              > > problem then, I'll wait and let them fix it.
                              > > Konrad

                            • Mike Czaplinski
                              Message 14 of 23 , Jan 2, 2008
                                On Wed, January 2, 2008 2:54 pm, Lisa Liscoumb wrote:
                                > I was also at Master level. My membership expired and I can no longer
                                > order
                                > events. Since I'm not planning on doing so for a while I'm taking a "wait
                                > and see" attitude rather than trying to retake a test I've already passed.

                                Well, I have to say I'm pleasantly suprised.

                                I sent an email of compalint to Chris Galivan (whose email address was
                                given on this list yesterday), and lo and behold I got a personal reply.

                                In summary, they had a database glitch, they are taking care of it, and
                                no one apparently will have to take the Herald test over.

                                Even if there is nothing suprising in this, I have to say that the fact
                                that it was obviously a personalized reply, written with some thought
                                (he sent the reply about 40 minutes after he read my message), does
                                help make me a bit less angry at WOTC.

                                MikeC
                                aka
                                Django Stonereaver