Re: Blasphemy and Friends: Rules Call (cleaning up)

  • Bill Kerney
    Message 1 of 10 , Mar 31, 2007
      --- In Living_Greyhawk@yahoogroups.com, "Mike" <mahlf@...> wrote:
      > #1 - Does the Weakening effect from multiple Blasphemies stack?

      They shouldn't. It's a penalty, not ability damage. Even though it is
      an unnamed penalty, it does not stack with other Blasphemies.

      Definition of Penalty in D&D: "A negative modifier to a die roll.
      Penalties do not usually have a type, and always stack with other
      penalties (except those from the same source) unless otherwise stated."

      > #2 - How precisely does the scale work for the effects? Does an 18th
      > caster level blasphemy kill 8th level or 12th level PC's, does it
      > paralyze 13th level or 16th level PC's?

      Kills PCs of "up to caster level - 10", or 8th level in your example.

      -Bill
    • Russ Taylor
      Message 2 of 10 , Apr 1, 2007
        I think they did, but that a triad member bullied people into taking it.
        Probably involved claims of "it's in the FAQ".

        Russ

        Message 3 of 10 , Apr 1, 2007
          In a message dated 4/1/2007 2:41:04 AM Central Daylight Time,
          rtaylor@... writes:

          I think they did, but that a triad member bullied people into taking it.
          Probably involved claims of "it's in the FAQ".

          Russ

          This is an untrue and insulting statement. The ruling was made by a Triad
          member acting as a TABLE JUDGE. Triad members do not make rulings, nor force
          them on anyone else.

          And if you knew this particular Triad member at all, you would never accuse
          him of forcing rulings from the FAQ on anyone.

          If mistakes were made, they were made. Please do not confuse the BK Triad
          members with the evil entities they often portray in games.

          Susan Threadgill
          BK Triad POC

        • Jeff Huston
          Message 4 of 10 , Apr 2, 2007
            --- In Living_Greyhawk@yahoogroups.com, Sgtntx@... wrote:

            > If mistakes were made, they were made. Please do not confuse the BK
            Triad
            > members with the evil entities they often portray in games.
            >
            > Susan Threadgill
            > BK Triad POC

            Wait, so, you're saying that the Triad members are not really these
            powerful undead lord thingies?

            Darn.
          • Owen Martin
            Message 5 of 10 , Apr 2, 2007
              Well Casey(BK Meta) swears that lady X isn't actually a vampire...

              Owen
              Just sayin...1/3

              On 4/2/07, Jeff Huston <hustonj@...> wrote:

              > --- In Living_Greyhawk@yahoogroups.com<Living_Greyhawk%40yahoogroups.com>,
              > Sgtntx@... wrote:
              >
              > > If mistakes were made, they were made. Please do not confuse the BK
              > Triad
              > > members with the evil entities they often portray in games.
              > >
              > > Susan Threadgill
              > > BK Triad POC
              >
              > Wait, so, you're saying that the Triad members are not really these
              > powerful undead lord thingies?
              >
              > Darn.

            • Casey Brown
              Message 6 of 10 , Apr 2, 2007
                --- In Living_Greyhawk@yahoogroups.com, "Jeff Huston" <hustonj@...> wrote:

                > --- In Living_Greyhawk@yahoogroups.com, Sgtntx@ wrote:
                >
                > > If mistakes were made, they were made. Please do not confuse the BK
                > Triad
                > > members with the evil entities they often portray in games.
                > >
                > > Susan Threadgill
                > > BK Triad POC
                >
                > Wait, so, you're saying that the Triad members are not really these
                > powerful undead lord thingies?

                Yes, but a DC 20 Knowledge (local - IBS) reveals that we have the
                Trickery domain. It comes with the BK Triad member prestige-class we
                get to take levels in. It's a great class. We no longer need to sleep,
                we gain a +4 to Fort saves caused by bad pizza, and we gain a +2
                profane bonus to confirm a critical threat when made against a PC that
                belongs to a kid. Oh, and we become immune to puppies as well.
                Kittens, damn them, are still our weakness, however.

                Hrm, now I have a hankering to stat out a half-red dragon
                kitten...(and thus, an idea for an intro mod is born-"Meow Mix")

                Casey
                BK Triad - Meta
              • Mike
                Message 7 of 10 , Apr 2, 2007
                  --- In Living_Greyhawk@yahoogroups.com, "Casey Brown" <aurdrac0@...>
                  wrote:

                  > --- In Living_Greyhawk@yahoogroups.com, "Jeff Huston" <hustonj@> wrote:
                  > >
                  > > --- In Living_Greyhawk@yahoogroups.com, Sgtntx@ wrote:
                  > >
                  > > > If mistakes were made, they were made. Please do not confuse the BK
                  > > Triad
                  > > > members with the evil entities they often portray in games.
                  > > >
                  > > > Susan Threadgill
                  > > > BK Triad POC
                  > >
                  > > Wait, so, you're saying that the Triad members are not really these
                  > > powerful undead lord thingies?
                  >
                  > Yes, but a DC 20 Knowledge (local - IBS) reveals that we have the
                  > Trickery domain. It comes with the BK Triad member prestige-class we
                  > get to take levels in. It's a great class. We no longer need to sleep,
                  > we gain a +4 to Fort saves caused by bad pizza, and we gain a +2
                  > profane bonus to confirm a critical threat when made against a PC that
                  > belongs to a kid. Oh, and we become immune to puppies as well.
                  > Kittens, damn them, are still our weakness, however.
                  >
                  > Hrm, now I have a hankering to stat out a half-red dragon
                  > kitten...(and thus, an idea for an intro mod is born-"Meow Mix")
                  >
                  > Casey
                  > BK Triad - Meta

                  Now all we have to do is wonder when little Molly, the cute l'il
                  orphan halfling, will be found ripped to shreds in her cot at the
                  orphanarium and a group of adventurers called upon to find the
                  murderer...

                  Mike
                  1/3
                • Philip
                  Message 8 of 10 , Apr 3, 2007
                    wrote:

                    > Hrm, now I have a hankering to stat out a half-red dragon
                    > kitten...(and thus, an idea for an intro mod is born-"Meow Mix")
                    >
                    > Casey
                    > BK Triad - Meta

                    "Aw, what a cute little kitty..."

                    - PMT