RE: [livingworld] Hello good friends

  • Caudron, Thomas
    Message 1 of 22 , Jun 7, 2000
      Tell em to move to VA, 'cause we've got things rolling. ;-)

      -Tom Caudron
      -Trying to stir up healthy competiton

      Message 2 of 22 , Jun 7, 2000
        Well, since I can't think of any rivalistic statements to make about VA (too
        many braincells wasted on our fine cheesehead 'CON sponsors across the border in
        WI ;-) ), I'll just have to shoot back at Geoff, the stomping grounds of
        Greyhawk. I would love to move down to your area and take part in exciting
        adventures about farming and getting beat up by giants or neighboring armies.
        That could make for minutes of pure enjoyment. They should have assigned this
        boring valley to IOWA so the game inhabitants would more closely resemble their
        real-world couterparts (Idiots Out Walking Around ;-) ). As for us in Illinois
        (and, unfortunately, Indiana), we plan to build an adventurers theme park around
        the ruined site of The Temple of Elemental Evil, now that would be cool! Finally
        an idea that matches the excitement of Verbobonc! Ver-bo-bonc! Ver-bo-bonc!
        Where are my cheerleaders?! :- )

        Kelly Johnson
        Brother 585
        Ozzy Ozburne, Master Bard
        ..........and others............
        Master of Regional Rivalry (I'll think of something for VA, you'll see! Don't
        get too cocky, you do have DC after all.)

        P.S. Just kidding Indiana. We rule!

        "Caudron, Thomas" <caudron_te@...> on 06/07/2000 10:31:05 AM

        Please respond to livingworld@egroups.com

        To: "'livingworld@egroups.com'" <livingworld@egroups.com>
        cc: (bcc: Kelly Johnson/HQ/KAIC)

        Subject: RE: [livingworld] Hello good friends

[...]

        Take your development to new heights. Work with clients like Dell and
        pcOrder. Submit your resume to jobs@.... Visit us at
        http://click.egroups.com/1/4358/3/_/3223/_/960391901/
      • Rob Helton
        Message 3 of 22 , Jun 7, 2000
          Hmmm. I think we all know what you would have to say about Ky (ie
          intermarriage and dirt floors) so it's not necessary...
          :)
          Rob Helton

[...]

          To: "'livingworld@egroups.com'" <livingworld@egroups.com>
          cc: (bcc: Kelly Johnson/HQ/KAIC)

[...]

          IT Professionals: Match your unique skills with the best IT projects at
          http://click.egroups.com/1/3381/3/_/3223/_/960393957/
        • kjohnson@komint.com
          Message 4 of 22 , Jun 7, 2000
            So how is your sis.......I mean wife doing?

            Kelly Johnson
            Sir Edward the Glorious of Willip, Knight of Verbobonc
            Quarg Fishbarrel
            ............and others.................
            I'm no John Rocker! I dislike everyone equally! :-)

            Rob Helton <stuheltr@...> on 06/07/2000 11:30:45 AM

            Please respond to livingworld@egroups.com

            To: livingworld@egroups.com
            cc: (bcc: Kelly Johnson/HQ/KAIC)

[...]

            To: "'livingworld@egroups.com'" <livingworld@egroups.com>
            cc: (bcc: Kelly Johnson/HQ/KAIC)

[...]

            http://click.egroups.com/1/4358/3/_/3223/_/960395421/
          • Rob Helton
            Message 5 of 22 , Jun 7, 2000
              She is doing well, we just had the ninth kid so a bigger welfare check is on
              the way!
              I mean, hey! That's not funny :)
              Rob Helton
              H/Ra16/CG/s12(20)/d17/c12/w13/i10/ch14

              So how is your sis.......I mean wife doing?

              Kelly Johnson
              Sir Edward the Glorious of Willip, Knight of Verbobonc
              Quarg Fishbarrel
              ............and others.................
              I'm no John Rocker! I dislike everyone equally! :-)

              Rob Helton <stuheltr@...> on 06/07/2000 11:30:45 AM

              Please respond to livingworld@egroups.com

              To: livingworld@egroups.com
              cc: (bcc: Kelly Johnson/HQ/KAIC)

[...]

              To: "'livingworld@egroups.com'" <livingworld@egroups.com>
              cc: (bcc: Kelly Johnson/HQ/KAIC)

[...]

              Remember four years of good friends, bad clothes, explosive chemistry
              experiments.
              http://click.egroups.com/1/4051/3/_/3223/_/960397053/
            • kjohnson@komint.com
              Message 6 of 22 , Jun 7, 2000
                Kentucky is a great state, I'd like to visit again except there's this hillbilly
                with a shotgun............ : ) I hope all the : )'s remind you all that I'm
                just kidding and I don't get kicked off the group for being obnoxious (I mean,
                if you're gonna kick anyone off for obnoxiousness I would vote for the
                anti-heresy fanatics, a.k.a. 'canon fodder'), I have to keep myself amused since
                the Verbobonc Triad has seemingly dropped of the face of Oerth. Really can
                anyone rattle their cage? Co6, get over there and shake them up. I have heard
                absolutely nothing.

                Kelly Johnson
                Dalamar the Dark
                Sir Sorriwuss and his whirling rubber cockatrices of death
                .....................and others.......................
                Wandering the ghost town of Verbobonc

                P.S. I actually have a real question. Its important for my GENCON 3E character
                concept. Has rubber (or a similar substance) been invented on Oerth and is it
                reasonably available?

                Also, in a related question for anyone who knows 'CON security policy. Are
                rubber chickens considered a weapon or outside food and therefore not allowed in
                the building?

                Rob Helton <stuheltr@...> on 06/07/2000 01:09:20 PM

                Please respond to livingworld@egroups.com

                To: livingworld@egroups.com
                cc: (bcc: Kelly Johnson/HQ/KAIC)

                She is doing well, we just had the ninth kid so a bigger welfare check is on
                the way!
                I mean, hey! That's not funny :)
                Rob Helton
                H/Ra16/CG/s12(20)/d17/c12/w13/i10/ch14

                So how is your sis.......I mean wife doing?

                Kelly Johnson
                Sir Edward the Glorious of Willip, Knight of Verbobonc
                Quarg Fishbarrel
                ............and others.................
                I'm no John Rocker! I dislike everyone equally! :-)

                Rob Helton <stuheltr@...> on 06/07/2000 11:30:45 AM

                Please respond to livingworld@egroups.com

                To: livingworld@egroups.com
                cc: (bcc: Kelly Johnson/HQ/KAIC)

[...]

                To: "'livingworld@egroups.com'" <livingworld@egroups.com>
                cc: (bcc: Kelly Johnson/HQ/KAIC)

[...]

                http://click.egroups.com/1/4051/3/_/3223/_/960401339/
              • Philos Sophia
                Message 7 of 22 , Jun 7, 2000

                  [Kelly Johnson]
                  "I have to keep myself amused since the Verbobonc Triad has seemingly dropped of the face of Oerth. Really can anyone rattle their cage? Co6, get over there and shake them up. I have heard absolutely nothing."

                  I'm a little disappointed too. I began a campaign of emails (in quantity) to start some discussion and get some idea on direction. There has been little (if any) activity. I'm just hesitating to judge them though because I have no idea how much time (or little time) they have to devote to the region. From the sounds of it, they seem to work for a living, something a pastor like myself need not do!

                  Jamie
                  Author
                  --Verbobonc Region

                  Do You Yahoo!?
                  Yahoo! Photos -- now, 100 FREE prints!
                • Rob Helton
                  Message 8 of 22 , Jun 7, 2000
                    Well perhaps you all can feel me in.
                    I am new to the program, and would like a brief summery of what all this entails and what is accomplished. That is if any of you have the time and nothing better to do of course..
                    (eh hmm Kelly Johnson) hehe just kidding :)
                    Rob Helton
                    Slayer of the really mean teddy bear
                    Message 9 of 22 , Jun 8, 2000
                      I do understand that some gamers actually have a life : )

                      I myself work hard and wouldn't have too much time to devote, that's why I
                      didn't volunteer to be a Triad member.

                      I'm also not trying to judge them. But I did send an offer of my help to all
                      three Triad members and haven't even received a response to that. That kinda
                      tells me something. It seems they are devoting all too little time to the
                      subject and maybe they should have considered their personal priorities before
                      taking on the task. Even a simple response as to what they have accomplished
                      would help dash this conclusion.

                      Kelly Johnson
                      Dash Quickblade
                      Brutus McDermont
                      ............and others...........
                      OK, so me and Jamie on the deserted Isle of Verbobonc

                      Philos Sophia <philos_sophia_7@...> on 06/07/2000 05:02:36 PM

                      Please respond to livingworld@egroups.com

                      To: livingworld@egroups.com
                      cc: (bcc: Kelly Johnson/HQ/KAIC)

                      [Kelly Johnson]

                      Message 10 of 22 , Jun 8, 2000
                        Rob,

                        You and I are both wondering. I'm new to living campaigns myself. I'm only
                        interested again because of 3E and the setting of Greyhawk. If been DMing
                        (mostly) for 17 years and really haven't felt like playing a PC until now. The
                        general concept is a shared-world campaign. It would help if the Triad of
                        Verbobonc (being the Triad for the real world area of Illinois and Indiana)
                        would actually share what they have accomplished to date (If your not from this
                        area you should go to the RPGA site and find your area, other Triads are
                        actually alive!). Otherwise I might as well stay out of the whole campaign and
                        just run my home game. I do plan to run my new 3E home game along the LG line
                        even if its not official, I think it would be interesting. And I'll get involved
                        as a player at conventions.

                        Maybe I'll see if the SE Triad will let me defect to their area without actually
                        packing up and moving to Virginia. What do you say SET?

                        Kelly Johnson
                        San Queltin of the Holy Light
                        The Mouse
                        ................and others...............
                        There may be three of us now!!

                        Rob Helton <stuheltr@...> on 06/07/2000 09:01:17 PM

                        Please respond to livingworld@egroups.com

                        To: livingworld@egroups.com
                        cc: (bcc: Kelly Johnson/HQ/KAIC)

                      • stuheltr@acs.eku.edu
                        Message 11 of 22 , Jun 8, 2000
                          Welp,
                          I have Dmed for about 12 years, but I haven't been this excited about
                          something since when planescape came out (for those of you with memories :). I
                          really am anxious to play something that could be this great. I think I (and my
                          normal group) are neutral good or CG, can't remember many LG charecters other
                          then the occasional Paladin or Cleric etc...
                          Rob Helton
                          Slayer of the molded
                          sock

                          _______________________________________
                          This message was sent with EKU Webmail.
                        • Philos Sophia
                          Message 12 of 22 , Jun 8, 2000

                            Kelly,

                            It's also my impression that they aren't as part of the computer generation as we are (and that's relative of course). Anyhow, Mike, the POC for the region, chated with me for a moment last night and said the area FAQ was going out today possibly. He's been working on a document to answer all the questions he's been getting. Again, it's a little behind, and there's no webpage yet (though Mike said he had someone on that too). I'm a little nervous, but we'll see. I'll see if I can't convince him to begin have a presence, however little, here or in some other public forum.

                            Message 13 of 22 , Jun 8, 2000
                              Actually there is a Verbobonc LG egroup set up by someone and I tried to start
                              some kind of discussion there about our great city, but mine is the only post to
                              date. We need more Verbobonckers over there, even if we're just making idle
                              conversation, we need to let the Triad know we are here. I beginning to wonder
                              if anyone in IL or IN does play anymore.

                              Kelly Johnson
                              Wizen of the Spinning Staff
                              Etherian Divincall
                              ...........and others.............
                              Bet you think I'll run out of PC names; after seventeen years don't bet on it.

                              Philos Sophia <philos_sophia_7@...> on 06/08/2000 08:45:48 AM

                              Please respond to livingworld@egroups.com

                              To: livingworld@egroups.com

                              Message 14 of 22 , Jun 8, 2000
                                Are you interested in helping elsewhere?

                                R. Timm
                                SE3 Triad.
                              • Immaculate Image
                                Message 15 of 22 , Jun 8, 2000
                                  VA's Mid-Atlantic. Though SE3 'll take ya if you're interested in
                                  contributing.

                                  RT
                                  SE3 Triad - GA
                                  Message 16 of 22 , Jun 8, 2000
                                    I got my regions all messed up.

                                    "Immaculate Image" <immaculateimage@...> on 06/08/2000 01:35:52 PM

                                    Please respond to livingworld@egroups.com

                                    To: livingworld@egroups.com
                                    cc: (bcc: Kelly Johnson/HQ/KAIC)

                                    http://click.egroups.com/1/4358/3/_/3223/_/960489333/
                                  • kjohnson@komint.com
                                    Message 17 of 22 , Jun 8, 2000
                                      What area of Greyhawk is SE? I don't feel like logging on to RPGA right now.

                                      And what can I help with. I've got some free time to assist with specific
                                      projects, but probably not enough time to head up something myself (thats why I
                                      didn't volunteer for the Verbobonc Triad).

                                      Kelly Johnson
                                      Oswald Overeater
                                      Percy Purnival, Persistant Paladin
                                      ................and others..............
                                      Defect from Verbobonc, huh?

                                      "Immaculate Image" <immaculateimage@...> on 06/08/2000 01:34:15 PM

                                      Please respond to livingworld@egroups.com

                                      To: livingworld@egroups.com
                                      cc: (bcc: Kelly Johnson/HQ/KAIC)

                                      Are you interested in helping elsewhere?

                                      R. Timm
                                      SE3 Triad.

                                      Old school buds here:
                                      http://click.egroups.com/1/4057/3/_/3223/_/960489244/
                                    • keoland-poc@home.com
                                      Message 18 of 22 , Jun 8, 2000
                                        > Maybe I'll see if the SE Triad will let me defect to their area
                                        without actually
                                        > packing up and moving to Virginia. What do you say SET?

                                        It has already been determined that anyone's character can
                                        Travel
                                        the world in association w/ their player doing the same. If you take
                                        a ride down to VA for a convention running Geoff events you can play
                                        your LG character there. Further you can decide that's your
                                        character's home region and when you play locally your character has
                                        traveled.

                                        Frank Timar
                                        Keoland POC (Always lookinf for a few brave souls)

                                        ------

                                        ------
                                        > --
                                      • Immaculate Image
                                        Message 19 of 22 , Jun 9, 2000
                                          The SE is divided into 3 regions. SE1 is NC&SC. SE2 is FL. I'm a member of
                                          the SE3 Triad (GA). The SE3 Triad is responsible fo rhte Duchy of Ulek.

                                          What are you interested in working on? I'll take submissions on everything
                                          from a town to a tavern or NPC. Doesn't have to be big or anything. If you
                                          want to see the format I've established for our region, check out
                                          www.duchyofulek.oerth.com. I have some updates to put up there, but you
                                          should get the general idea.
                                        • Kelly Johnson
                                          Message 20 of 22 , Jun 9, 2000
                                            I'll keep it in mind and get back to you if I can offer any assistance.

                                            Kelly Johnson
                                            Jarvis Merriwether
                                            Kell the Conqueror (what a cheesy old character!)
                                            ............and others.................
                                            Starting the braincells again.

                                            "Immaculate Image" <immaculateimage@...> on 06/09/2000 11:42:47 AM

                                            Please respond to livingworld@egroups.com

                                            To: livingworld@egroups.com
                                            cc: (bcc: Kelly Johnson/HQ/KAIC)

                                            The SE is divided into 3 regions. SE1 is NC&SC. SE2 is FL. I'm a member of
                                            the SE3 Triad (GA). The SE3 Triad is responsible fo rhte Duchy of Ulek.

                                            What are you interested in working on? I'll take submissions on everything
                                            from a town to a tavern or NPC. Doesn't have to be big or anything. If you
                                            want to see the format I've established for our region, check out
                                            www.duchyofulek.oerth.com. I have some updates to put up there, but you
                                            should get the general idea.

                                            Wrox Wireless Developer Conference, Amsterdam, July 10-12. Choose from
                                            40+ technical sessions covering application of WAP, XML, ASP, Java and
                                            C++ to mobile computing. Early Bird registration - save ?200 NOW!
                                            http://click.egroups.com/1/4855/3/_/3223/_/960568946/
                                          • cdonlawson@earthlink.net
                                            Message 21 of 22 , Jun 24, 2000
                                              I see nothing in the CANON [know it, learn it, LOVE IT :)] about
                                              rubber trees, but there is a mention of gum trees growing in the
                                              central region (P.50, Atlas of the Flanaess), so maybe you could have
                                              whirling GUMMY cockatrices of death (but gummy chickens are almost
                                              definitely outside food and banned by security).

                                              And now a few jabs at Illinois:
                                              Q: What's the only good thing to come out of Illinois?
                                              A: I-70

                                              Q: Why is Chicago so windy?
                                              A: Because Illinois sucks and Wisconsin blows (forgive me master
                                              Cheeseheads)

                                              Don Lawson
                                              Gord the Mad E/M13/CN(G)/S10,D15,C9,I17(19),W10,Ch15
                                              Somebody the Unnamed, future champion of Geoff
                                              et.al.

                                              ----