Re: [Living_Greyhawk] Re: LG & Polymorph Errata

  • Timlagor
    Message 1 of 68 , Mar 1, 2006
      It's not offical until it appears in an offical form: LGCS, FAQ, Errata, Dispel
      Confusion +Regional Docs.

      I do wish the Circle and Triads would not use Mailing Lists for such things
      having said that repeatedly that they aren't official. Letting people know
      what's coming is fine and welcome but making actual changes to the official
      rules should not be allowed.

      [the accepted fact that a lot of people ignore chunks of the official campaign
      rules means that such announcements will often be heade in advance but please
      don't claim that they are official]

      Of course it's more irritating when this mechanism is used to ban something
      without notice.

      --- Lance White <lwpale@...> wrote:
      ---------------------------------
      That is an Official Circle ruling. The triads were asked to get the
      word out right now since the Dispel Confusion will take a couple
      weeks to get up.

      Lance W.
      Pale Triad p.O.C.

      --- In Living_Greyhawk@yahoogroups.com, "Bill Kerney" <bkerney@...>
      wrote:

      > --- In Living_Greyhawk@yahoogroups.com, "Bryan Blumklotz"
      > <perithoth@> wrote:
      > > The Nyrond Triad suggested that their judges ignore the
      polymorph errata
      > > until the Triad publishes their decision.
      >
      > As honest as the Nyrond triad is, they can't rewrite campaign
      rules.
      > Until the circle posts something official, IMO the polymorph errata
      > should be used.
      >
      > -Bill

      Role playing games
      Online role playing games
      Role playing games online

      ---------------------------------

    • hampdenturner
      Message 68 of 68 , Mar 3, 2006
        > Out of curiousity, why do you ask this? It really
        > comes across as no different than asking your home DM,
        > "What gives you the authority to decide what treasure
        > and monsters we face?"

        It becomes relevent when you're dealing with rules precedents
        questions. If Faq say X, LGCS say Y, but recent circle statement says
        Z, which version takes priority? This is less important when a
        circumstance is addressed directly, and more when you're dealing with
        the implications one statement has for an entirely different set of
        circumstances that may or may not have been considered at the time.

        Join the Infinite Monkies list if you're facinated by this kind of
        discussion, or you can just take their word for it that this kind of
        clarification is useful.