Re: Co6: Living Greyhawk Journal?

  • Mike
    Message 1 of 7 , Nov 1, 2004
      > Of course, I think the LGJ as part of a print publication is an
      > unfortunately poor idea. I think its wide variety of printing
      issues (being
      > shunted from mag to mag, significant delays, bumps and push-backs,
      etc.) is
      > fairly solid evidence that while there is a demand for the LGJ,
      it's not
      > enough to warrant a regular hard-copy print run schedule. I'd much
      rather
      > see it moved to the web (and see applicable rules stuff reprinted
      in part of
      > the LGCS as needed!), and to see that updated on a regular basis and
      > schedule.

      I too think that would be a good idea.

      Mike
    • iuz22000
      Message 2 of 7 , Nov 1, 2004
        As a owner of 2 comic/gaming stores I can tell you that Dragon has
        slipped recently in sales here(not by much) but Dungeon sells
        consistently each and every month. Both are quality magazines but as
        the DM of our local group I find Dungeon to be an excellent magazine
        to read. If you havent read a recent issue of Dungeon I recommend it
        to anyone. Stop by your local gaming store and check it out sometime.
        Last months issue had a great article on the 30 best mods ever made.
        I miss the LGJ but it was coming out more infrequently and contained
        material that was interesting to read but not useful. I liked it
        better with regional updates and writeups on upcoming core mods.

        It was nice while it lasted but for over a year it wasnt really a
        necessity. I liked it when they mailed us a copy back in year one
        though. :)

      • oneoftheunloved@yahoo.com
        Message 3 of 7 , Nov 2, 2004
          Maybe they would sell better if they put the LGJ back in as a
          regular feature. I only subscribed to Dragon when LGJ was in it, and
          when it moved to Dungeon I let my subscription expire. When I found
          that even Dungeon didn't have it every month I stopped purchasing it
          too.

          Not that you can do anything about it, I just think dropping LGJ may
          be part of the reason that sales are slipping, not a solution to the
          problem.

          --- In Living_Greyhawk@yahoogroups.com, "iuz22000" <Bartman@o...>