Re: [Living_Greyhawk] Darkwood Shield Enhancement

  • Tom Bollis
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 1, 2004
      LivingGreyhawk@... wrote:

      > Can i git a Plus 1 enhanchment on a Large Darkwood Shield.

      Do you mean a heavy darkwood shield, a Large light
      darkwood shield, or a Large heavy darkwood shield?
      In any case, all of these are standard masterwork
      shields whose shield bonus to AC can gain a +1
      enhancement for 1,000 gp, and can gain a +1
      enhancement bonus to attack for 2,000 gp.

      Tom Bollis
    • LivingGreyhawk@webtv.net
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 1, 2004
        Bware SPOILER INFO.

        You know thats my next question just what type of darkwood shield is
        it?I bought JENASAY"S DARKWOOD SHIELD In the Witchhunt Mod and i was
        told it was a large Shield but dang if i know what kind?
        ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

        E-mail message

        From: tombollis@...(Tom Bollis) Date: Thu, Jul 1, 2004, 4:30am
        To: Living_Greyhawk@yahoogroups.com Subject: Re: [Living_Greyhawk]
        Darkwood Shield Enhancement Reply to: Living_Greyhawk@yahoogroups.com
        LivingGreyhawk@... wrote:
        > Can i git a Plus 1 enhanchment on a Large Darkwood Shield.
        Do you mean a heavy darkwood shield, a Large light
        darkwood shield, or a Large heavy darkwood shield?
        In any case, all of these are standard masterwork
        shields whose shield bonus to AC can gain a +1
        enhancement for 1,000 gp, and can gain a +1
        enhancement bonus to attack for 2,000 gp.
        Tom Bollis
        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
        Yahoo! Groups Links
        To visit your group on the web, go to:

      • ken_jenks
        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 1, 2004
          --- In Living_Greyhawk@yahoogroups.com, LivingGreyhawk@w... wrote:
          > You know thats my next question just what type of
          > darkwood shield is it? I bought [a Darkwood shield
          > from a mod] and i was told it was a large Shield but
          > dang if i know what kind?

          That mod used the old 3e name for shields, not the 3.5e name. A 3e
          Large Shield translates to a 3.5e Heavy Shield. A 3e Small Shield
          translates to a 3.5e Light Shield.

          The shield in question was wielded by a medium-sized creature, so in
          3.5e it's probably a Heavy Darkwood Shield.

          -- Ken Jenks
        • Scott
          Message 4 of 5 , Jul 1, 2004
            Yes, per the LGCS, you can add a +1 enhancement to any masterwork
            weapon/shield/armor found in the PHB. Your shield is of a type that
            qualifies. No restriction is placed on special material, unless the
            special material makes the item different (shell armor from AEG, for
            example). The old name "large shield" is now "heavy shield" in 3.5
            parlance, but they are the same thing. Any darkwood item must be
            masterwork.
            -Scott

            --- In Living_Greyhawk@yahoogroups.com, LivingGreyhawk@w... wrote:
            > Can i git a Plus 1 enhanchment on a Large Darkwood Shield.
            ;;;;;

            > LivingGreyhawk Characters:(KEOLAND HOMELAND)
            > (1)Gideon:5th Level (Grey Elf)3 Levels Wizard,1 Level Fighter,1
            Level
            > (LG Cleric of MAYAHEINE) Member of "sea Mages" Seaman apprentice
            > (2) Killraven:6th Level (Suel Human) 5 Levels Barbarian,1 Level
            Fighter