Templar bonus feats

  • Alexander B. Lipshitz
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 1, 2004
      Hi all

      I noticed that in LG all fighter bonus feats are also considered
      Templar bonus feats. This is listed in both the LGCS and the 3.5
      convertion sheet. This leads me to questions on Greater Weapon Focus
      and Specialization.

      Does a Templar have to wait til Tmp8 (2nd bouns feat)to get Greater
      Weapon Focus? This would mean Greater Weapon Specialization could
      never be chossen since it requires Ftr 12 and Tmp only has 10 levels.

      He gets weapon Specialization at 1st level. Does that count as 4
      levels of fighter in which case the Tmp cound take it at Tmp4, his
      first level with a Tmp bonus feat? Would in that case Greater Weapon
      Specialization be up for graps at 8th?

      Since the feats are now considered an option as a bonus feat does
      that mean that the PC could take one or both as a regular feat at say
      9th,12th or 15th level? Or does it have to be taken in a bonus feat
      slot?

      Thanks

      LambChopNYC
      RML
    • Mike Schneider
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 1, 2004
        At 8:51 AM +0000 1/1/04, Alexander B. Lipshitz wrote:
        >Hi all
        >
        >I noticed that in LG all fighter bonus feats are also considered
        >Templar bonus feats. This is listed in both the LGCS and the 3.5
        >convertion sheet. This leads me to questions on Greater Weapon Focus
        >and Specialization.
        >
        >Does a Templar have to wait til Tmp8 (2nd bouns feat)to get Greater
        >Weapon Focus? This would mean Greater Weapon Specialization could
        >never be chossen since it requires Ftr 12 and Tmp only has 10 levels.

        You cannot take GWS without 12 levels of fighter, so you're not going
        to get to have your cake and eat it too via Templar. IMO, Templar
        (and Mettle) are over-rated; while a passable p-class for
        "fighter/cleric mutts" with a CHA bonus but no paladin levels, it's
        will-save bennies and spells are not as good as holy-liberator (nor
        skill requirements as harsh), and clerics and paladins are better off
        staying straight-class or going meta-org regional "knight" or
        hospitaler of something or other that offers more in-campaign
        benefits (such as the mondo influence-points necessary for pulling
        one's ass out of too-early graves).

        Mike.