Re: Holy Liberator Animal Companions

  • normanrthallheimer
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 1, 2003
      Since the LGCS 2.0 did not list any changes to the Holy Liberator
      Pclass, I would think there are no changes to the way their
      Companions work.

      So, IMO (1) the types of Companions listed for the HL in DotF are
      standard, and you only need documentation if you want, say, a
      celestial porpoise, or other creature not listed for the HL.

      And, (2) if your Companion dies, you can get a new one the next day
      (at least 24 hours, since the DotF says "after one day").

      Note that it is the HL's total character level that determines the
      benefits the Companion gets. So if Reverend Lysander of the Semi-
      Organized Church of Trithereon ever gets to Clr7/HLb5, with a CL of
      12, he gets the "basic" HL Companion, and as long as he doesn't
      willingly commit an act of evil, whatever class is taken next bumps
      his CL to 13 and the next tier of HL Companion benefits.

      Please also note that the DotF says "dog" and "horse", not "riding
      dog" or "war horse". With the bonus HD, strength and natural armor
      adjustments, and (especially) a minimum intelligence of 6, I don't
      consider this to be much of a loss, in return for the rapid turnover
      and multiple choices, but some DMs may rule that warhorses are not
      available. I wouldn't rule this way, without direction from the
      campaign administration. YMMV.

      Norman R. Thallheimer
      Keep your powder dry.

      --- In Living_Greyhawk@yahoogroups.com, "David Haller"