Year 3 Conversion

  • Steve
    Message 1 of 21 , Sep 1, 2003
      Does anyone know where the 3.5 conversion document will be posted
      today? This list? Draft list? The Greyhawk site? the wizards RPGA
      site?

      Also and word on a new date to start the draft discussion on the LGCS?

      -Steve
    • KUHLMJA@AOL.COM
      Message 2 of 21 , Sep 1, 2003
        Koshea69@... writes:

        > Does anyone know where the 3.5 conversion document will be posted
        > today? This list? Draft list? The Greyhawk site? the wizards RPGA
        > site?
        >
        > Also and word on a new date to start the draft discussion on the LGCS?
        >
        > -Steve

        Well, the Living Greyhawk site is back up (I just checked), but neither the
        3.5 conversion doc or the LGCS have been posted there yet.

        Jan

      • Joel N. Fischoff
        Message 3 of 21 , Sep 1, 2003
          >Does anyone know where the 3.5 conversion document will be posted
          >today? This list? Draft list? The Greyhawk site? the wizards RPGA
          >site?

          Once I get ahold of the file, I will put it up here on this list.

          REMEMBER: We have specific rules about the posting of official files on this
          list. Though the list rules were posted earlier today (as they are on the
          first of every month and are sent to new subscribers), I'll quote it here:

          2) When new official files are posted to the file library, a moratorium on
          discussion will be in play from posting time until 24 hours after the next
          morning at 9am Eastern Time. This time will generally be posted with
          the file announcement. (For example, a file uploaded at 10pm on Sunday
          night
          is not available for discussion until 9am Eastern Time on Tuesday.)

          Joel N. Fischoff
          Files Guy for Living_Greyhawk
        • Katherine Stinde
          Message 4 of 21 , Sep 1, 2003
            I'm eagerly awaiting it, too. Dave will probably claim having to watch
            the baby, or having a life or something......

            >>> KUHLMJA@... 09/01/03 14:49 PM >>>
          • bvermeul@blackstar.xs4all.nl
            Message 5 of 21 , Sep 1, 2003
              On Mon, 1 Sep 2003, Katherine Stinde wrote:

              > I'm eagerly awaiting it, too. Dave will probably claim having to watch
              > the baby, or having a life or something......

              The cheek. He should know people are waiting for it. It's important,
              darnit!

              Hehehehe. Hope he has fun doing whatever he's doing.

              Bas Vermeulen
            • felixolsen
              Message 6 of 21 , Sep 1, 2003
                Is the wait killing anyone else? :)

                John Olsen

                --- In Living_Greyhawk@yahoogroups.com, "Joel N. Fischoff"
                <petrukio@r...> wrote:
                > >Does anyone know where the 3.5 conversion document will be posted
                > >today? This list? Draft list? The Greyhawk site? the wizards RPGA
                > >site?
                >
                > Once I get ahold of the file, I will put it up here on this list.
                >
                > REMEMBER: We have specific rules about the posting of official
                files on this
                > list. Though the list rules were posted earlier today (as they are
                on the
                > first of every month and are sent to new subscribers), I'll quote
                it here:

                > 2) When new official files are posted to the file library, a
                moratorium on
                > discussion will be in play from posting time until 24 hours
                after the next
                > morning at 9am Eastern Time. This time will generally be posted
                with
                > the file announcement. (For example, a file uploaded at 10pm on
                Sunday
                > night
                > is not available for discussion until 9am Eastern Time on
                Tuesday.)

                > Joel N. Fischoff
                > Files Guy for Living_Greyhawk
              • Joseph Graham
                Message 7 of 21 , Sep 1, 2003
                  Indeed. Guess I won't get to see it until late tomorrow :( Hope David got
                  a good fantasy football team in the meantime! :)

                  Message 8 of 21 , Sep 1, 2003
                    I think that nasty evil circle member is taunting us.

                    >>> jfolsen@... 09/01/03 23:01 PM >>>
                  • Steve
                    Message 9 of 21 , Sep 1, 2003
                      Maybe he just took a holiday? OK so we have 29 days to convert once
                      we get the final version. I'm thinking most people are going to wait
                      to see what's new in the LCGS before they finalize their conversion
                      but it really would be nice to have the final document to start
                      planning.

                      -Steve

                      > I think that nasty evil circle member is taunting us.

                    • banaticus
                      Message 10 of 21 , Sep 1, 2003
                        --- In Living_Greyhawk@yahoogroups.com, "Steve" <Koshea69@h...> wrote:
                        > Maybe he just took a holiday?

                        It's a few minutes after midnight here in the Mountain Time Zone,
                        USA. Perhaps he meant that he'd get it in on Monday as measured in
                        California -- or perhaps Hawaii. In fact, if he's going by midnight
                        in Eniwetok, he sitll has just under five more hours to post the file
                        before it's officially late. ;)

                        Yes, I am excited to see the conversion document. :D
                      • ezreal2001
                        Message 11 of 21 , Sep 2, 2003
                          --- In Living_Greyhawk@yahoogroups.com, "banaticus" <bart@b...> wrote:
                          > --- In Living_Greyhawk@yahoogroups.com, "Steve" <Koshea69@h...>
                          wrote:
                          > > Maybe he just took a holiday?
                          >
                          > It's a few minutes after midnight here in the Mountain Time Zone,
                          > USA. Perhaps he meant that he'd get it in on Monday as measured in
                          > California -- or perhaps Hawaii. In fact, if he's going by
                          midnight
                          > in Eniwetok, he sitll has just under five more hours to post the
                          file
                          > before it's officially late. ;)
                          >
                          > Yes, I am excited to see the conversion document. :D

                          Me too and the date stamp where I am says

                          Tue Sep 2, 2003 8:20 pm

                          John

                          aka Swiftnick from Perrenland
                        • Marlynn_lives
                          Message 12 of 21 , Sep 2, 2003
                            I think the goal is to get as many hits as possible on the Living-
                            Greyhawk web site. Over 500 yesterday; suppose people are expecting
                            too much. Perhaps 200o is the magic number.

                            It will be the best it can be, and the wait will be worth it.
                            [waiting to see if Karma bead takes another jump up in price! Hee hee]

                            Good Gaming,
                            AJ_
                          • Russell Akred
                            Message 13 of 21 , Sep 2, 2003
                              Give them a break! Everyone is working with no pay except praise. So
                              please hold off on the Christmas Eve attitude and be patient. The Oerth
                              does not revolve around us. Now I'll go back to sleep. Knighty...
                              knight... };{>

                              On Tuesday, September 2, 2003, at 03:34 AM,
                              Living_Greyhawk@yahoogroups.com wrote:

                              > It's a few minutes after midnight here in the Mountain Time Zone,
                              > USA. Perhaps he meant that he'd get it in on Monday as measured in
                              > California -- or perhaps Hawaii. In fact, if he's going by midnight
                              > in Eniwetok, he sitll has just under five more hours to post the file
                              > before it's officially late. ;)
                              >
                              > Yes, I am excited to see the conversion document. :D

                              Rustle
                              <------------------->
                              The Smiling Dungeon Master };{>
                              <------------------->
                              Postal Keep of Stone River, The Archclericy of Veluna
                              World Creation & Fabrication Department
                              herald # 513 563 1665
                              magic portal code
                              http://www.creativeservicesdesign.com/rpga/stoneriver.html
                              <------------------->
                              If we do something wrong,
                              We'll change what's right.

                            • wavester
                              Message 14 of 21 , Sep 2, 2003
                                Thanks Joe. My fantasy draft went just fine. The league shall be mine
                                (muh ha ha ha).

                                When I got home last night I found out that the baby had been
                                screaming in my wife's face for 3 hours straight (so she just gave me
                                this look and handed her to me). So needless to say I was not insane
                                enough to say "Hey honey. Can you take this screaming kid back so I
                                can go work on gaming stuff?". I may be evil but I am not crazy
                                enough to say something that would then require surgery to remove a
                                certain body part of hers from a certain area of mine (know what I
                                mean know what I mean wink wink nudge nudge).

                                So Joel - Email me offlist and I will get you the 3.5 CD to put up on
                                this list.

                                I will put it up on the campaign website tonight barring any other
                                real life emergencies (oh they seem to be coming fast and furious
                                lately)

                                Dave C
                                The Circle

                                --- In Living_Greyhawk@yahoogroups.com, Joseph Graham <randalar@e...>
                                wrote:
                                > Indeed. Guess I won't get to see it until late tomorrow :( Hope
                                David got
                                > a good fantasy football team in the meantime! :)
                                >
                                > At 03:00 AM 9/2/2003 +0000, you wrote:
                                > >Is the wait killing anyone else? :)
                                > >
                                > >John Olsen
                                > >

                                > >--- In Living_Greyhawk@yahoogroups.com, "Joel N. Fischoff"
                                RPGA

                                > > > Once I get ahold of the file, I will put it up here on this
                                list.

                                > > > REMEMBER: We have specific rules about the posting of official
                                > >files on this
                                > > > list. Though the list rules were posted earlier today (as they
                                are
                                > >on the
                                > > > first of every month and are sent to new subscribers), I'll
                                quote
                                > >it here:
                                > > >
                                > > > 2) When new official files are posted to the file library, a
                                > >moratorium on
                                > > > discussion will be in play from posting time until 24 hours
                                > >after the next
                                > > > morning at 9am Eastern Time. This time will generally be
                                posted
                                > >with
                                > > > the file announcement. (For example, a file uploaded at
                                10pm on
                                > >Sunday
                                > > > night
                                > > > is not available for discussion until 9am Eastern Time on
                                > >Tuesday.)
                                > > >

                                > > > Joel N. Fischoff
                                > > > Files Guy for Living_Greyhawk
                                > >

                                > >Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
                                http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
                              • Clayton & Karen Smith
                                Message 15 of 21 , Sep 2, 2003
                                  Truthfully, I have come to expect that everything about this campaign
                                  will be late no matter when anyone says they will have it done. Take a
                                  back seat and we will get it when we get it.

                                  Dave, are you running the FFL or just part of it? Just curious.

                                  wrote:
                                  > Indeed. Guess I won't get to see it until late tomorrow :( Hope
                                  David got
                                  > a good fantasy football team in the meantime! :)
                                  >
                                  > At 03:00 AM 9/2/2003 +0000, you wrote:
                                  > >Is the wait killing anyone else? :)
                                  > >
                                  > >John Olsen
                                  > >

                                  > >--- In Living_Greyhawk@yahoogroups.com, "Joel N. Fischoff"
                                  RPGA

                                  > > > Once I get ahold of the file, I will put it up here on this
                                  list.

                                  > > > REMEMBER: We have specific rules about the posting of official
                                  > >files on this
                                  > > > list. Though the list rules were posted earlier today (as they
                                  are
                                  > >on the
                                  > > > first of every month and are sent to new subscribers), I'll
                                  quote
                                  > >it here:
                                  > > >
                                  > > > 2) When new official files are posted to the file library, a
                                  > >moratorium on
                                  > > > discussion will be in play from posting time until 24 hours
                                  > >after the next
                                  > > > morning at 9am Eastern Time. This time will generally be
                                  posted
                                  > >with
                                  > > > the file announcement. (For example, a file uploaded at
                                  10pm on
                                  > >Sunday
                                  > > > night
                                  > > > is not available for discussion until 9am Eastern Time on
                                  > >Tuesday.)
                                  > > >

                                  > > > Joel N. Fischoff
                                  > > > Files Guy for Living_Greyhawk
                                  > >

                                  > >Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
                                  http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

                                  Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

                                  <http://rd.yahoo.com/M=244522.3707890.4968055.1261774/D=egroupweb/S=1705
                                  057147:HM/A=1595053/R=0/SIG=124gf29oe/*http:/ashnin.com/clk/muryutaitake
                                  nattogyo?YH=3707890&yhad=1595053> Click Here!

                                  <http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=244522.3707890.4968055.1261774/D=egrou
                                  pmail/S=:HM/A=1595053/rand=144413414>

                                • aswansylar
                                  Message 16 of 21 , Sep 2, 2003
                                    Personally, I don't see how the 3.5 Conversion can be complete
                                    without the LGCS 2.0 to go along with it. Many people I have talked
                                    with need both documents to really convert their characters to 3.5.

                                    Brian
                                  • Stephen Mumford
                                    Message 17 of 21 , Sep 2, 2003
                                      > Truthfully, I have come to expect that everything about this campaign
                                      > will be late no matter when anyone says they will have it done. Take a
                                      > back seat and we will get it when we get it.

                                      Oh yeah, heaven forbid any of the volunteers in this campaign actually have
                                      a _real_ life, with outside interests. They should all be slaves to our
                                      gaming desires 24 hours a day, after all.

                                      Sheesh.

                                      Steve M
                                    • ken_jenks
                                      Message 18 of 21 , Sep 2, 2003
                                        --- In Living_Greyhawk@yahoogroups.com, "aswansylar" <brianc@c...>
                                        wrote:
                                        > Personally, I don't see how the 3.5
                                        > Conversion can be complete without the
                                        > LGCS 2.0 to go along with it. Many
                                        > people I have talked with need both
                                        > documents to really convert their
                                        > characters to 3.5.
                                        >
                                        > Brian

                                        I agree. The Conversion Document is less than useless without the
                                        LGCS 2.0. People might spend time converting their characters now,
                                        only to find that things they thought they'd use will now be
                                        forbidden by the revised LGCS or to find that things that are
                                        forbidden by the current LGCS (purchasing magical Mighty bows, for
                                        example) will now allowed.

                                        Besides, if you spend time converting now, what happens to your
                                        conversion plan as you play more games this month?

                                        There are better things to spend my time on than making a conversion
                                        plan that will likely need changes later.

                                        I'll delay my initiative.

                                        -- Ken Jenks
                                      • Clayton & Karen Smith
                                        Message 19 of 21 , Sep 2, 2003
                                          Gee, I am not sure if this is sarcasm or not. I only replied what I
                                          thought. I agree that yes people who sit here with their mouse on the
                                          refresh button (or receive button) really need to chill. I just wait and
                                          the board will let me know when the file is uploaded. I will grab it
                                          when it gets here. Dave stated that he would be busy and would get it up
                                          as soon as he could.

                                          I have three kids so I know what it is like having a new one around and
                                          more so that when one parent is home with a screaming kid.

                                          Yes, they should all be slaves to me..errr, did I just say that out
                                          loud...(I really need that leadership feat first.but then they are
                                          cohorts instead of slaves, lol as I imagine Dave as a cohort,
                                          hahahaha)...

                                          I am just glad that Steve can take my words and seem to twist them for
                                          me (for that is how it looks in my perspective after reading his reply
                                          many times). If you read the whole as stated, the last part will tell
                                          you my stance, hence, Take a back seat and we will get it when we get
                                          it. Maybe if he wasn't so quick on the reply and read through it, he
                                          would have gotten that. And yes I am a volunteer as well, coordinating
                                          gamedays and running mods thank you very much. If I took your reply out
                                          of line from what you meant, I am sorry. You can private email me on it
                                          and take it off list if you would like.

                                          Good Gaming

                                          Clayton Smith

                                          Message 20 of 21 , Sep 2, 2003
                                            PLeas take anything I said with tongue firmly in cheek, as it was meant
                                            to be. I'm not all business as some here are. This is my fun and hobby.
                                            That said....
                                            It's funny how we humanize those circle members when we know they're
                                            REALLY evil gods out to get our characters. I mean Tharizdun and Iuz and
                                            all....

                                            >>> Koshea69@... 09/02/03 01:42 AM >>>
                                          • Stephen Mumford
                                            Message 21 of 21 , Sep 2, 2003
                                              > I am just glad that Steve can take my words and seem to twist them for
                                              > me (for that is how it looks in my perspective after reading his reply
                                              > many times). If you read the whole as stated, the last part will tell
                                              > you my stance, hence, Take a back seat and we will get it when we get
                                              > it.

                                              I stand corrected, and offer my apologies. Your post read to me as if you
                                              were stating that the _Circle's attitude_ was that these files will take a
                                              back seat, and they'll get to it when they get to it. With this
                                              clarification, I see you were instead stating that should be _our_ attitude
                                              if things are a little late, and one I agree with.

                                              Again, sorry about that.

                                              Steve M