Re: [Living_Greyhawk] Re: FAQ and 'competing' campaigns

  • Bryan Blumklotz
    Message 1 of 93 , Mar 1, 2003
      Chuck,

      The dream of proper errata is dead. With several rounds of staff cuts
      there just isn't the bodies necessary to pump out new product and
      errata the old in the traditional sense at the same time. That is why
      there has not been new "old school" errata since the release of Sword
      and Fist.

      It was a WotC choice to make Sage Advice essentially clarifications,
      rule changes and errata and it was choice that Skip told me he was not
      thrilled with either. So we can pine for a mythical age were errata
      was regularly forthcoming from TSR/WotC or we can deal with the
      reality of the D&D FAQ. Personally, my take on 3.5 and the D&D FAQ...
      it will reduce the size of it for awhile and then slowly but surely as
      we road test the new version it will climb back up in page count...

      Unless Skip is replaced as the Sage you will see his columns
      translated wholesale into the D&D FAQ. Even if he is replaced, then it
      will be someone else who changes the rules by themselves...
      Personally, most of what Skip writes is fine with me. Whether I agree
      or disagree with his choices, I am just happy to have a single
      document to point to for rules clarifications and changes.

      Bryan Blumklotz
      AKA Perithoth
      Lord of Grumpiness

      Message 93 of 93 , Mar 6, 2003
        I'm leaving this group cause someone sent me a virus .

        Jimmy