Re: shadow dancers, hide in plain sight, sneak attack

  • kalderaan
    Message 1 of 52 , Jul 31, 2002
      --- In Living_Greyhawk@y..., kuhlmja@a... wrote:
      > In a message dated 7/31/02 1:18:11 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
      > But I've also come to the conclusion that most DMs
      > would never allow a PC to do that, regardless of how good an
      > argument you can make using the rules, because it seems like too
      > much advantage for the PC.
      >
      > Jan

      That is like saying Wish is too powerful so despite what the rules
      say, I won't let you use it they way it is written. But my bad guy
      NPC's can.

      Cary
    • Doug DeJulio
      Message 52 of 52 , Aug 3, 2002
        On Sat, 3 Aug 2002, Eric Anondson wrote:
        >> That reminds me: If the Hospitaler had no existing levels of cleric,
        >> but gains the spellcasting abilities of a cleric, does that also
        >> include domain spells??
        >
        > According to the Spells class feature, I think so. It says hospitalers
        > get new domains, chosen from Healing, Protection, War and the prestige
        > domains of Glory or Domination (depending whether he channels positive
        > or negative). I'd wonder if that included granted powers, though, as
        > technically a granted power isn't a spell.

        This was in need of errata (as it's written, Pal4/Hosp4 gets spells as
        Pal8 *and* Cleric4 both).

        The errata still hasn't come out, but the FAQ contains a change to this
        which is official for the Living Greyhawk campaign. In short, the entire
        section that talks about new domains and channeling spells into cures is
        supposed to be struck entirely from the class description. (There are
        other changes too.)

        --
        Doug DeJulio | mailto:ddj@...
        Ancient Illuminated Seers of Bavaria | http://www.aisb.org/~ddj/