Re: [Living_Greyhawk] How do Triad members become Triad members?

  • woodmage@aol.com
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 1, 2002
      In a message dated 4/1/02 10:39:34 AM Pacific Standard Time,
      dogbreath1966@... writes:

      > I don't recall voting for anyone. Are they appointed? How long do
      > their appointments last?

      I believe they are appointed by the Circle of n, and the appointments last
      until either their resignation or being "let go" by the Circle.

      > I haven't noticed anything at all democratic about the system.
      > Considering Triads members are volunteers, maybe that aspect of the
      > organization should be democratically administered.

      I strongly disagree. The Triads are campaign administrators for their
      region, not player advocates (at least, not primarily). Turning the
      positions into popularity contests could cause serious problems in campaign
      administration.

      Randy

    • dcargall@aol.com
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 1, 2002
        In a message dated 04/01/2002 10:39:21 AM Pacific Standard Time,
        dogbreath1966@... writes:

        > I don't recall voting for anyone. Are they appointed? How long do
        > their appointments last?

        Triad members are officially appointed by the Circle and above.
        Practically, they appoint each other. For the most part they last until they
        quit, which is frequently within a year.
        To become one, start asking the triad what needs doing, and do it. In
        most regions, there will be an opening within the year, and you may get it
        by simply not refusing it.

        > I haven't noticed anything at all democratic about the system.
        > Considering Triads members are volunteers, maybe that aspect of the
        > organization should be democratically administered.

        It is distinctly doubtful a democratic organization is desirable here.
        It is nearly certain it is not feasible with out limited finances.

      • thenodrin@aol.com
        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 2, 2002
          dogbreath1966@... writes:

          > I don't recall voting for anyone. Are they appointed? How long do
          > their appointments last?

          The reason that the players do not vote on the Triad members is because it is not reasonable to expect the majority of the players to necessarilly even know the best suited candidate.

          Veluna, for example, has had five very good and capable Triad members. Only one of these five people were known to any extent before getting the appointment, however. If we had gone with a local vote in even such a small geographic region as Ohio / Veluna, we would have lost out on most of our best work.

          Theno
          Triad