Re: [livingworld] I quit.

  • Bryan Shouse
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 1, 2001
      I don't know where you read 3e into that message. Seems he quit because of
      some LC restructuring.

      BTW the real D&D hasn't been published for nearly 20 years. The replacement
      AD&D (1st edition) was a superior product. I can't say the same for the 2nd
      ed as it was a kludge of minor alterations and really didn't fix most of the
      bad issues from the 1st edition.

      3e is a new system trying to fix the problems of the earlier versions while
      maintaining the "flavor" and "feel" of the earlier D&D's. Opinions vary as
      to it's success; however it is a much easier game to teach some one just
      starting and has a surprising depth for those of us who like things a bit
      more complicated. And it has an internal consistency that was lost in the
      2nd ed (though it still doesn't match the 1st IMO).

      I do regret that Greyhawk was made the "Core" campaign (again). In that
      many alterations to the setting have been forced due to the new editions
      more "modern" look and feel. I'm glad that there is any Greyhawk development
      at all, so I'll deal with Halfling Monks, Dwarven Wizards, Priests of
      Heironeous with longswords(!), and people who seem to think that Wee Jas is
      the goddess of the undead instead of the protector of the dead (though my
      character will be most displeased with this blatant heresy).

      Bryan Shouse
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 11, 2001
        Well, it appears that this list has turned from Living World of
        Greyhawk to Living Piss-on-the-rules,-wizards-of-the-coast,-and-other-
        list-members list. Therfore, Good bye and good riddance.

        Most of you here are exhibiting all the maturity of a group of three
        year olds bickering over who gets to play with what toy.

        Mark, I'm sorry for the inflammitory tone of this message, but I'm
        not going to put up with this kind of backbiting anymore...
      • dfluffy01@netscape.net
        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 11, 2001
          He-he, this place ain't so bad. At least this is just a group of various aged hobby enthusiasts flaming each other. I belong to a web-site for my profession, and the flame-wars are daily, and nasty.

          Get two people in a room, and an agreement can be reached...especially after one of them is dead. =)

          Don't quit, then you really have lost.
          Matthew Webb