Re: [livingworld] DeepSouthCon

  • Joseph Elric Smith Servant to Arioch
    Message 1 of 15 , Feb 2, 2001
      ah this explains the yomanrys views on half orc and non humans, Deepsouth con,
      I missed the connection completely.

      Kevin Freeman wrote:

      > Hi all! I'm here to announce that the gaming website is up an running for
      > DeepSouthCon/Tenacity, a
    • Hunter Godfrey
      Message 2 of 15 , Feb 2, 2001
        I don't get it? What is that supposed to mean? I'm assuming it is some
        kind of backhanded snide remark, but don't see where you're coming from.

        ----------------------------------
        Hunter Godfrey
        Lion and Unicorn, Inc.
        huntgod1@...

        > ah this explains the yomanrys views on half orc and non humans, Deepsouth
        con,
        > I missed the connection completely.
        >

        > Kevin Freeman wrote:
        >
        > > Hi all! I'm here to announce that the gaming website is up an running
        for
        > > DeepSouthCon/Tenacity, a

      • Hunter Godfrey
        Message 3 of 15 , Feb 2, 2001
          Since you posted on the other forum after I clarified the NAACP comment,
          I'll leave that.

          And no I do not want a Half Orc marrying my daughter...

          Ewww, what would Half Orc and Elf make...*shudders at the thought*

          Message 4 of 15 , Feb 2, 2001
            Me too...

            Good thing I'm an elf and your a monster then (j/k)...

            -----------------------------------
            Aemon Farslayer
            Elven Thief Taker
            Yeoman Militia Scouts

            Message 5 of 15 , Feb 3, 2001
              Well I am sure some one who thinks that the half orc need an organization like
              the naacp wouldn't understand
              the comment. don't worry I'll stay out in the fields and work for you but I

              Message 6 of 15 , Feb 3, 2001

              • woodmage@aol.com
                Message 7 of 15 , Feb 3, 2001
                  I suspect it's a jest related to one of the stereotypes of people from the
                  Deep South... that they don't like people different from themselves.

                  "We don't need no furriners, and we shore as heck don't need no damn Yankees".

                  Of course, another stereotype is Southern Hospitality... doncha just hate
                  conflicting stereotypes? <g>

                  Randy
                  (lived in Texas for several years while growing up, and proud that one of his
                  brothers keeps telling him "you sound like a damn yankee" on the phone) :)

                  Message 8 of 15 , Feb 25, 2001
                    Hi gang!  Updates on DeepSouthCon39/Tenacity1, to be held in Birmingham, AL on May 4-6.  All three Yeomanry triads, Ernest, August, and myself, will be attending the show.  We'll be running a Yeomanry interactive, debuting a regional LG adventure, and having a Triad "fireside chat" where you can ask us questions about anything (well, almost anything).  We'll also be running our first three regionals and Festival Knight, and hopefully another adaptable as well.

                    For more info about the con, go to http://www.integritytech.com/tenacity.html.

                    We also encourage you to stay in the hotel, the Birmingham Radisson, because gaming will be going on late into the eve.

                    You can register for games online.  Just follow the links for gaming on the webpage.  And you can use Paypal to pay up front as well.

                    Feel free to email me with questions.  Hope to see you there.

                    Kevin
                  • Kevin Freeman
                    Message 9 of 15 , Mar 3, 2001
                      Hi folks!  A new update for all of you attending (or thinking of attending) DeepSouthCon39/Tenacity1 in Birmingham, AL May 4-6:

                      First, if you missed it, all three Yeomanry triads will be present at the con.

                      Second, we announce the presence of another LG adventure, Snake in the Grass, by Kim Winz.  Those of you who can't make its premier at DuraCon can play it here!

                      Third, the time for the Yeomanry interactive will be Friday night at 11pm--late, I realize, but worth the wait!

                      Finally, I have added an early Friday slot, due to popular demand.  Slot 1/2 will be offered Friday at 2pm for all of you early arrivers.

                      Things are really coming together, and it looks like the gaming aspect of this con is going to be really top-notch.

                      If you haven't preregistered yet, go to http://www.mindspring.com/~madman31to see what's available, and then sign up!  A note to all you Yeomanry folk--more Gran Marchers have pre-registered for gaming so far than you all--snap to it! :)

                      Finally, a reminder.  If you preregister, I MUST receive payment ($30) by March 31.  If I do not, I will remove you from your reserved slots and you will have to pay at the door ($35) and roll the dice about getting in to games.  But hey, I am preregistering for slots, which is a rarity.  Hope to see yo all there!

                      K.
                    • Kevin Freeman
                      Message 10 of 15 , Mar 25, 2001
                        Folks, you have one more week to preregister for Living Greyhawk events at DeepSouthCon to be held May 4-6 in Birmingham, AL.  You can register at the door, but it costs $35 (instead of $30) and you will not be guaranteed slots in LG events.  We're running 6 Living Greyhawk events, including our first four regional adventures.  We're also having a LG interactive that should be a blast.

                        Go to http://www.mindspring.com/~madman31 for more info and to preregister.

                        Hope to see you there!

                        Kevin Freeman
                      • Kevin Freeman
                        Message 11 of 15 , Mar 31, 2001
                          Hi folks...demand for the con has been unbelievable so far--at last count we will be running well over 40 tables--more than I estimated.  And  this is just from the preregistrations--no walkins at all yet!  As such, I am looking for folks interested in DMing a slot or two.  If you are coming to the show, and are interested in running Masking the Truth, Throwing Stones, Festival Knight, or Snake in the Grass, don't hesitate to let me know.  We really could use the help!  Some of you I have emailed about this already.

                          Thanks

                          Kevin Freeman'
                          Yeomanry Triad
                          DSC/T Game Coordinator
                        • Kevin Freeman
                          Message 12 of 15 , May 8 8:25 AM
                            I wanted to thank everyone who attended DeepSouthCon this weekend! I
                            couldn't have asked for a smoother-running convention. There were very few
                            hitches and/or problems, which made my job that much easier. I hope that
                            the show was worth the trip for those of you who traveled (some of them
                            from hundreds of miles away!) I especially wanted to thank my core of DMs.
                            It's difficult to run tables of strangers, but you all came through with
                            flying colors--kudos especially to my fill-in DMs who ran tables at the last
                            minute (you know who you are!)

                            We ran a total of 49 tables, and could have run several more if the space
                            and/or DMs were available. We'll try to correct that for next year. I hope
                            you all can make it again!

                            Kevin Freeman
                          • kyla_kon@yahoo.com
                            Message 13 of 15 , May 8 11:35 AM
                              question: how was this con for those who attended? if it had not
                              fallen upon last weekend i would have gone.

                              i heard that the modulez were very good from a few people.

                              are the DeepSouthCon people having another premiere con like this in
                              the nex few monthz?

                              -rydia-
                              chaos chick
                            • Ernest Mueller
                              Message 14 of 15 , May 8 2:34 PM
                                Speaking as one of the Yeomanry Triad that premiered an event there, it
                                went really well! A lot of Yeomen and a lot of Gran Marchers were on
                                hand. The new scenario, "Rogue Rescue," was very well recieved (and we
                                ran lots of tables of the other Yeoman regionals as well).

                                Thanks to everyone that came out to DSC!

                                In terms of the next premieres in the Southern Realms region - here's
                                our planned premiere schedule.

                                June 1 YEO01-05 Charting the Course, by August Hahn Mobicon
                                Aug 3 YEO01-06 Fell Creatures, by Adrian Frost Crescent City Con
                                Oct 19 YEO01-07 The Fires of Truth, by Eric Williamson TennCon
                                Oct 19 YEO01-08 Hole In The Wall, by Eric Williamson Con*Stellation
                                Oct 19 YEO01-09 Silver Dagger, by Ernest Mueller TennCon
                                Oct 19 YEO01-10 Cold Blooded, by Kevin Freeman Con*Stellation
                                Nov 1 YEO01-11 Bayou Halfling Boat Race, by Randy Richards ExotiCon

                                This schedule is naturally subject to change... We're on track for
                                MobiCon however.

                                Hope to see you all there!

                                Ernest

                                kyla_kon@... wrote:

                                > question: how was this con for those who attended? if it had not
                                > fallen upon last weekend i would have gone.
                                >
                                > i heard that the modulez were very good from a few people.
                                >
                                > are the DeepSouthCon people having another premiere con like this in
                                > the nex few monthz?
                                >
                                > -rydia-
                                > chaos chick
                                >
                                > If you have questions about 3E rules in Living Greyhawk please review the LG FAQ at www.veluna.com before posting questions to the list.

                                Ernest C. Mueller ernestm@...
                                Vice President for Technical Development Phone: (901) 251-7000
                                Towery Publishing http://www.towery.com