Re: Fright at Tristor

  • ranfik@hotmail.com
    Message 1 of 44 , Feb 2, 2001
      anyone know what levels this module is for?
      I have not seen it yet, but i am guessing it's for low level
      characters.
      I might have to make a new character in order to play it.

      Jed
    • Maya Deva Kniese
      Message 44 of 44 , Oct 25, 2001
        > Hi,
        >
        > we played it in roughly 20 hours over three days. I think it is NOT a
        > WISE choice for a convention, because you will have to wait a VERY
        > loooooonnnnnng time before getting back your Xps and treasures, and I
        > doubt that your players will find it correct. Furthermore, you will
        > have to write down a summary of each adventure.

        Well, HomeCon isn't a regular convention, in that we started it *because* of
        Tristor.
        We were thinking of setting up our own event anyway, and when we noted the
        number of people in the Netherlands who wanted but were unable to play
        Tristor (lack of LG judges/players in their towns), we decided we might as
        well start right away.

        Personally, I estimated Tristor for about 10 hours, 12 including breaks,
        meaning we'd finish nicely around midnight. But if it takes longer, then no
        problem we'll just play longer.
        As for the waiting time for xp and treasure, people are aware of that
        (though I admit I might have included it in my post to this list), and
        willing to wait.
        Point simply is, in Holland we have, that I'm aware of, maybe 30 LG players,
        so getting them together for scenario's like this is difficult especially
        because its not a regular con scenario. So we thought to make a special
        event for a special scenario ;)

        In the future, HomeCon will likely run more conventional albeit still
        multiple-slot scenarios.

        I hope that puts your fears to rest?

        Greetz,
        Maya Deva