Re: How do you go about forming a new gaming group?

  • brother.cadfael
    Message 1 of 22 , May 30, 2008
      Thinking about the VFW posts, I know a lot of small towns have member
      based civic groups with their own buildings. In small towns near me the
      most common are Elk's Lodges. These civic groups seem to exist
      primarily to create venues where members can can buy liquor drinks in
      towms that do not allow liquor by the drink in public venues or places
      that do not allow the sale of alcohol on Sundays. They may or may not
      be places that would be conducive to or willing to provide gaming
      space. You won't know if you don't ask though.

      Another thought I had were public parks. In my area there are a number
      of parks that have covered picnic areas or buildings open to the
      public. Your group could have a cookout and game as long as the weather
      is accomodating.

      Larry Sargent

    • wes18_21
      Message 2 of 22 , Jun 2, 2008
        Honestly, I've thought about that. We have Elk's lodges around
        where I grew up. I guess it depends if you are in good with the vets
        or not.

        As for parks, I love the idea. It would be nice to find a
        covered pavilion, sit down at a picnic table, and have fun. Get your
        drinks out of a cooler, all the normal stuff. The only problem I see
        with it is wind. If the map and character sheets are all in danger
        of being thrown away, it's not so good. Guess it depends on the
        region (real-world.)

        Wes

        --- In LivingFR@yahoogroups.com, "brother.cadfael"