Re[2]: [LivingFR] PC levels

  • MikeD
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 7, 2008
      Hello Jonathon,

      Wednesday, February 6, 2008, 7:58:00 AM, you wrote:

      Jcn> Good Wednesday Morning all-
      Jcn>
      Jcn> I thought that I have heard that there are going to PCs getting
      Jcn> up to level 20 & 30, is this correct?
      Jcn>
      Jcn> If it is, does anyone know, or would anyone assume that the
      Jcn> leveling of PCs are definitely toned down.
      Jcn>
      Jcn> In Colorado, it seemed that it took a long time to get to 16th.
      Jcn>
      Jcn> Juat a wonderin here.

      There is some confusion here. There has been discussion about there
      being "three levels" of PCs Heroic, Epic and Paragon ... or something
      similar. Now the question is whether that is just 4e information in
      general about the new game system of is about the levels in LFR or
      both. I have not seen anything definitive yet. Someone else may have
      more 'official' information.

      --
      MikeD mailto:miked_msn@...
    • Allen Jergensen
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 7, 2008
        --- In LivingFR@yahoogroups.com, MikeD <miked_msn@...> wrote:
        > There is some confusion here. There has been discussion about there
        > being "three levels" of PCs Heroic, Epic and Paragon ... or
        something
        > similar.
        >
        > --
        > MikeD mailto:miked_msn@...

        According to design and development articles, the designers have 3
        categories of PC levels that they are using. 1-10 is heroic, 11-20
        is paragon, 21-30 is epic. Different options will be available
        depending on the category and they suggest that they also be used to
        help define what type of adventure is appropriate for the PCs. For
        example, heroic level PCs deal with more local issues, paragon PCs
        are getting into affairs at the national level, epic levels are
        traveling the planes.

        FWIW, it was also stated that LFR will support all levels of
        characters. We'll see how that pans out.

        Allen.
      • Derek Stodghill
        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 7, 2008
          According to the 4E information I've seen, pcs will be able to play up
          to 30th level using the core PHB. Each 10 levels will have a distinct
          label to them that is mostly (although not completely) transparent.
          Levels 1 through 10 are heroic, 11 through 20 are paragon, and 21
          through 30 are epic.

          The first published modules for 4E will be labeled H1, H2, and H3.
          The H is for heroic. Also, I read on the WotC site about 4E magic
          items that rings won't work for a character unless he's 11th level and
          at 21st level he can benefit from wearing 2 rings. Supposedly rings
          are meant to be really powerful in 4E.

          Chris Tulach has stated somewhere (can't find it now) that LFR will be
          as close to core rules as possible. This means pcs will be able to go
          up to 30th level. These statements are all subject to change. I've
          mostly been getting this stuff from ENWorld so it's as accurate as any
          non-WotC employee can be (which is to say please take this with a
          grain of salt).

          Derek