PC Levels II

  • LFRWDhoffman@aol.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 7, 2008
      LFR will not use level bumps.  It is a true Living Campaign, not a D&D Campaign style.

      Regarding range of PC levels, span of levels in adventures, and related questions, I think Chris Tulach may touch on that topic at DDXP. You can at least ask him there, or perhaps ask now on the WotC LFR Gleemax boards.   He has answered some questions there recently and he might answer it earlier if asked directly.

      Keith

      Claire & Keith Hoffman
      LFR Co-Writing Directors, North Central USA Region

    • Doug Emes
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 8, 2008
        --- In LivingFR@yahoogroups.com, LFRWDhoffman@... wrote:
        > LFR will not use level bumps. It is a true Living Campaign, not a
        D&D Campaign style.
        [snip]

        For the uninitiated, it is better to describe the level bump campaigns
        as "duration limited" as several of them were formally defined to be 2
        year campaigns. Using the "D&D Campaign" label is counter-productive.
      • Dustin Snyder
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 8, 2008
          Actually, at the RPGA members meeting and in other literature Chris and Ian often delineate the two RPGA styles of play as "Living" and "D&D Campaign".  Even to the point of saying they are planning a yet-unnamed D&D Campaign to replace Xen'Drik Expeditions.

          Living uses one set of rules (constant progression, no defined end-date, regions) and D&D Campaigns another (level bumps, controlled duration, factions).

          So, if its the terminology that the RPGA uses, it's hard to call that counter-productive. Instead, creating new, non-official terminology would be more confusing and counter-productive.