Re: Disarm

  • mhallet1975
    Message 1 of 68 , Jul 1 11:03 AM
      Other than the few exceptions you have listed, no it is not possible without some improvisation by the DM.

      IMO, this is because removing a weapon or implement from a PC causes a huge drag on combat flow as the player is forced to recalculate all his attack powers and the penalty is often greater than just the raw enhancement bonus of the weapon. Most PCs don't carry backup weapons or implements.

      Also monsters that use weapons often have the weapons used baked into their attack powers. If you deprive a monster of his weapon, he literally becomes helpless except for the DM improvising an unarmed attack. For other monsters, it makes no difference at all. So allowing PCs to disarm monsters is either too powerful or ineffectual.

      Unless there is a specific circumstance that necessitates disarming, I do not allow PCs (or monsters) to disarm other combatants at my tables.

      --- In LivingFR@yahoogroups.com, Roger Bert <rogerbert@...> wrote:

      > Greetings folks.
      >
      > Other than Liria Valthorin (Blademaster the House of Flowers), Kyrion
      > (Shadar-kai Weaponmaster), any Githyanki Sword Stalker, and of course
      > Jarlaxle Baenre (Famous FR personality), and the death throws of certain
      > Draconians I have come to the conclusion it is not possible to disarm
      > weapons from opponents in fourth edition.
      >
      > Anyone know a way to disarm a weapon from a foe possible by player
      > characters? I can't find one but I figured someone here might know.
      > Thanks.
      > -Roger

    • Skip
      Message 68 of 68 , Jul 5 7:07 PM
        A NPC does the same static damage with, or without a weapon.
        Disarm away, wont change the damage done.