Re: [LivingFR] Re: LFR is dead. Long live LFR. ADDUMDUM

  • Howard
    Message 1 of 104 , Dec 1, 2010
          If you are implying that I am rigidly adhering to multiclassing as a means simply  to add any classes any time (and thus have many different classes with a few levels), then I strongly disagree with your staement.

         My point for 3rd editon munilclassing was and  is that (3rd) multiclassing offers more options. As you pointed out taking a few levels in not a great idead.

         In my opinion, As for being able to make a single class character with all or nearly all of the abilities and features is not as common as you seem to imply (although
      it can be done insome cases). My example it the mystic theurge which allows a character to add 1spellcasting level in both an arcane and divine class (if mystic theurge is maxed out then the caracter gets 20 spellcasting levels for a 10 level increase)m there are also other classes that allow effectively adding 2 classe levels for a 1 level
      class increase (examples are arcane trickster and untimale magus (not allowed in lg)),

           There are times when adding a level is very helpful addition wihich cannot be done with a single class an example of this is adding divine oracle which allows access
      to an additonal domain as well as additonal casting benefits,

      Respectfully

      Howard

      Message 104 of 104 , Dec 12, 2010
        Look up the exp reward for a skill challenge vs a single fight and tell me if that is really an advancement option. We are talking a factor of 100x difference in the rewards, again proving my point on the focus of the system.

        Spend an hour in RP, spend an hour in a fight, it is quite obvious which is more advantageous to advancement and thus the focus of the system.

        On Dec 12, 2010, at 3:41 PM, Xeterog wrote:

        Skill challenges grant xp and don’t involve combat generally.