Re: (no subject)

  • GROMIT
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 8 1:31 AM

      I know they are cheap but in my experience very poor metal

      If the group disagrees , get a pair of scales, put a genuine Lister part on one side and Indian on the other !

      However, if you are on a budget or cannot get English spares, they will work

      Lots of firms sell Indian Parts but you need to be a machinist to fit them !!

      regards

      John  ( custodian of Lizzie Lister )

    • Lotte & Thorsten
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 8 9:41 AM

        I can fully agree. Generally the Indian parts are very poor, but there are some parts available in good quality.

        I have tried an Indian cylinder,  because my old one was worn out. The Indian cylinder comes without the genuine special

        Lister chrome layer inside the bore, but it is made quite accurately, and will last for long.

        Got it from Stationary Engine Parts.

        Regards

        Thorsten