File - monthly letter.txt

  • Lionel_PostwarTrains@egroups.com
    Message 1 of 112 , Jan 1, 2001
      Hi all,
      Just a reminder sent once a month to remind everyone about my policies on my email list.

      I want my email list to be used for informational exchange only, like "How do you operate such and such?"
      I do not want people to use my list as a captive audience to sell their merchandise, like "I have such and such for sale or auction...."
      You can post questions like "I am looking for such and such, can anyone help?"

      People who break my rules, will be notified 'offlist' that this is not to be done. A second offense will result in unsubscription of the offender from my list.

      Also be aware that you cannot send attachments to the email list. If you feel there is a need to share a file with another member, either send it to them offlist or place it on the shared file area on Onelist (eGroups). Also most viruses are sent via email attachments, so that is another reason I have all email attachments removed.

      I also keep the email addresses of the members of the list private and only available to the list moderator, myself. Even though I have had requests to see the membership list, no one has ever had access to the list.

      I expect members of this list to be civil towards each other. No flaming or cursing of fellow members will be allowed.

      I also like to keep all posts on topic.

      As new issues come up, I will update this email to include them

      Bruce
      List moderator
    • Lionel_PostwarTrains@yahoogroups.com
      Message 112 of 112 , Mar 1 9:34 AM
        Hi all,
        Just a reminder sent once a month to remind everyone about my policies on my email list.

        I want my email list to be used for informational exchange only, like "How do you operate such and such?"
        I do not want people to use my list as a captive audience to sell their merchandise, like "I have such and such for sale or auction...."
        You can post questions like "I am looking for such and such, can anyone help?"

        People who break my rules, will be notified 'offlist' that this is not to be done. A second offense will result in unsubscription of the offender from my list.

        Also be aware that you cannot send attachments to the email list. If you feel there is a need to share a file with another member, either send it to them offlist or place it on the shared file area on this Yahoo Group file section. Also most viruses are sent via email attachments, so that is another reason I have all email attachments removed.

        I also keep the email addresses of the members of the list private and only available to the list moderator, myself. Even though I have had requests to see the membership list, no one has ever had access to the list.

        I expect members of this list to be civil towards each other. No flaming or cursing of fellow members will be allowed.

        I also like to keep all posts on topic.

        This is a child friendly group, any member that does anything not appropriate for children's eyes, you will be banned immediately without any warning.

        As new issues come up, I will update this email to include them

        Bruce
        List moderator