Horns on the F-3

  • Malcolm Laughlin
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 23, 2014
      Thanks Tom for the horn movie.  I couldn't get the tabs open with a screwdriver on mine, but a sharp wood chisel made it easy.  I set it on a wood block to avoid any finger slicing risk.  So I did the cleanup work as you suggested, applied 1.5 v. Dc and it didn't do anything.   Does that mean I have a defective coil ?  Is there any combination of voltage or resistance measurements that can test the integrity of the coil ?  Any other suggestions ?  Maybe I should just spend $16.00 for a replacement horn.

      Malcolm Laughlin,

    • Gary Glaenzer
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 23, 2014
        check for continuity (ohms range on the meter)

        should read several hundred ohms