OPERATING POULTRY DISPATCH CAR No. 3434, Mechanism

  • jorgeab1968
    Message 1 of 6 , May 13, 2014

      Hello Friends!

      Somebody, have a picture or little squema that how to work 3434 Poultry Dispatch? I buyed one, really yet, I'm not opening, but I see that Mechanism not work well!

      Best Regards!

      Jorg B.-

    • Tom
      Message 2 of 6 , May 14, 2014
        Jorg, I did some research on this car and found it to be quite interesting in that it has a moving figure sweeping out the car. There were three different production runs on the 3434 and 6434 poultry dispatch. I don't know which one you have.

        This car was described as having "very fragile moving parts that are easily damaged or broken". I could not find any instructions on repair.

        You may have to figure this one out on your own unless someone here can guide you in the right direction.

        Tom

        Sent from my iPhone

        On May 13, 2014, at 11:25 AM, "jboullosa@... [Lionel_PostwarTrains]" <Lionel_PostwarTrains@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

        Hello Friends!

        Somebody, have a picture or little squema that how to work 3434 Poultry Dispatch? I buyed one, really yet, I'm not opening, but I see that Mechanism not work well!

        Best Regards!

        Jorg B.-

      • Charles Brumbelow
        Message 3 of 6 , May 15, 2014
          Lionel's latest rendition... 6-26796  Charles

          Operating Cars

          View Product6-26796 - Poultry Dispatch Car

          Document NameReference NumberDocument Type
          Poultry Dispatch Car - 10/0272-6796-250Manual

[...]

        • Ambika Parks

            Message 5 of 6 , May 15, 2014
              I had purchased the repro #68 unit when first released some years ago. I didn’t store the box correctly, I had placed too many other boxes on top of it.  The result was a cracked plastic body.  I contacted Lionel and I paid for a new plastic body..... when they received my broken piece first.  Lionel would stock a replacement board, whether you need to send back a broken one, I wouldn’t be surprised.  Of course we are talking apples and oranges, a internal replacement part as opposed to a mint plastic body that could increase the value of a post war classic.

              Bruce

              Message 6 of 6 , Jun 11, 2014
                Thank You for all comments!
                I have taken vacations. and dont see messages.
                I open recently a Poultry car, and I use for guide a small picture of car with open Door , And I can recovery and reassembly correctly my Poultry Car!.
                This Have a very fine steel wire, that moves a Figure

                Best Regards!
                Jorge.-