Just joined the group

  • rhproctor2001
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 16, 2014

      Hello to all,

       I still have the Lionel train I received when I was 6 years old back in 1955.  It has a steam locomotive with coal tender, a working barrel car, searchlight car, a crane car and work caboose.  I have a 6' x '12 foor layout with one loop and an inside track with two sidings and a reverse track.  I mostly run my trains in circles but I have been wanting to do more with scenery and buildings.  Right now my biggest issue is a  tender whistle that does not whistle.  Any suggestions for a repair would be appreciated.

      Also have a small steam switch engine that has started having electrical problems.  It starts and stops quite a bit and AI can't keep it running.

      I look forward to reading all the info this group already has on file.

      Ralph P

    • Thomas McLean

        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 18, 2014
          I have an engine #2065 along with a 634W tender. I will work through the checklist you sent me. I do now that the whistle activator on the ZW transformer works fine.

          I have started to convert my layout from standard O-Guage track to Fastrack. I am hoping that I get some smoother operations. However, the interface with things like flashing RR crossing lights or crossing guard rails.

          Ralph

          Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPad