black top flying yankee.

  • Thomas McLean
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 15
      A while ago I came across a  three piece non whilste black top flying Yankee. This train as far as I can tell is not restored. This is an aluminum painted smooth side train with aluminum painted vestibule skirts with the second car having two doors. While this would be very correct for a red top unit, this has the black roof. I am 99.9% sure the cars are unrestored as well as the roof.  It is very hard to disassemble, paint and reassemble this set without leaving tell tale evidence. All the info on the black top units I came across are for a chrome set. Was there ever a black roof set made with painted cars? If not fortunatly I have an original red roof that would make this set correct as a red top piece. Any info is helpful-TM

      Thomas M. McLean

    • Toni & Brian
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 15

        Original black tops had chrome cars.