Re: 736 & 2671W

  • Geoff Geffken
    Message 1 of 9 , Feb 14
      Hi,

      A few years ago, I was lucky enough to purchase my Uncle Chic's collection from his son, who only wanted the money.

      Part of the collection were 2 sets - the 2163 WS / with the 736 and yes, the 2671WX, tender.
      (the other was the 2275 with the 2339 Wabash diesel).

      The 2163WS was technically from 1951.   I say technically, because  Aunt Helen had dutifully copied all the car model's on an index card
      including the price of $60.00.  [Pretty sure she was not happy with him spending big bucks.]     However, the box included the Sunoco 6555 single dome car which is for the 1950 set instead of the Sunoco 6465 double dome car associated with the 1951 set.   [Helen would also not have been happy to have learned that the 1950 set sold for $49.95!!!!]

      All the paper, track lock-on, smoke pellets were included.

      Clearly, asleep at the wheel, but I don't know how to post a picture of the 2163 set, entire Glowski collecton, & index cards, if anyone wants to see.

      Geoff

    • Thomas McLean

        Message 3 of 9 , Feb 14

          Hi,
          Trying to post photo's in the share area.
          I successfully created an album folder.
          And successfully added a photo (marks it as updated), but when I go to post
              nothing shows in the album.
          Do I need permission, or am I doing something incorrectly.

          sign me - defeated by technology once again - Geoff

          On Friday, February 14, 2014 11:52 AM, Thomas McLean <tmackinator@...> wrote:

[...]

        • Bruce Sherman
          Message 4 of 9 , Feb 14
            Photos need to be approved first, which I just did.  I noticed some photos were duplicates, which I didn’t approve.  If there are photos not approved that were not duplicates, I do apologize.

            Bruce

            Message 5 of 9 , Feb 14

                Message 7 of 9 , Feb 14
                  Thanks, can .tiff (scanned images) be posted?

                    Message 9 of 9 , Feb 14
                      I would think so, but not 100% sure.  You can try. JPG formatted photos probably take up less room, but at this point, space in the photos section isnt a problem

                      Bruce