15805Re: [Lionel_PostwarTrains] 736 Berkshire Magnetraction

  • Bruce
    Mar 28, 2014
      Can you ? I would think the unit may attempt charge the battery. This may not be good for a non rechargeable type battery ?

      On March 28, 2014 10:07:10 AM EDT, Thomas McLean <tmackinator@...> wrote:

      Not to hijack, but I believe you can use a 9v, it just wont recharge-TM

      Thomas M. McLean

      On Friday, March 28, 2014 9:09 AM, Phil Vollelunga <philip.vollelunga.lcr@...> wrote:

      Thanks. I pulled the body shell and found the rechargeable MTH 8.3V battery. Looks a lot like a standard 9V rechargeable battery.

      I will get a new one. I bought this F7 SP Daylight set in 2001. Ran it a little and put it on a display shelf in my collection.

      Most of stuff is prewar and postwar Lionel and Marx. Does anyone have MTH experience? I'm doing emails with their service department but it is a slow process.

      Thanks for the help.

      Phil

      Sent from my iPhone

      On Mar 28, 2014, at 4:52 AM, Luther Stanton <luther_stanton@...> wrote:

      Most likely a slide switch.  Possibly in the cab or on the tender - either underneath or camouflaged beneath a hatch.

      Lither Stanton

      On Mar 27, 2014, at 18:11, Phil Vollelunga <philip.vollelunga.lcr@...> wrote:

      Thanks Jim. I have cycled the direction switch on my ZW transformer several times...no change. Is there a hidden switch to cut out the motor like the ones on top of Lionel steamers?

      Phil

      Sent from my iPhone

      On Mar 27, 2014, at 4:21 PM, jimpaterno@... wrote:

      Has the electronic reverse unit been accidentally locked in neutral?

      In a message dated 3/24/2014 8:06:28 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time, philip.vollelunga.lcr@... writes:
      This is a different topic, but can anyone give me some advice on a MTH F7 SP Daylight?

    • Show all 27 messages in this topic