Read Carefully, Think Twice

  • linux_egypt@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 29, 2001
      Gartner Group:
      ==============
      It's probably a good career move to become a Linux guru these days.
      While Windows still has almost

      complete dominance over the desktop market (92%), it is still
      competing in the server market with Linux

      and Sun.

      The Gartner group has put out a recommendation that companies
      currently using Windows IIS should switch
      to Linux or some other server-OS the cost of constantly installing
      patches onto a Windows box is getting

      way too high).

      And as CodeRed-I, CodeRed-II, Blue, and Nimda have all demonstrated,
      the Windows IIS servers are

      notoriously unreliable.

      Plus, there are indications that Microsoft might be alienating their
      customer base with exhorbitant

      licensing fees and upgrade schemes that are not designed with end
      users in mind.

      Fortune:
      ========
      Most of the (not all) Fortune 1000 companies run their servers in
      Unix based OSs. No sane corporate

      tycoon would go for Windows in anyways. Linux minimizes your cost
      almost next to zero (considering its

      robustness) whereas Windows charges you mountain high price for every
      workstation and every server. Who

      would want to incur unnecessary cost?

      In a very high tech test, we have put Windows against Red Hat to the
      test. Trust me guys, Red Hat leaves

      everything far behind.