Re: [Linux_Egypt] NIS Administration

  • khaled hamed
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 17, 2004
      hi,
      in case no one answered you
      there are many utilities under linux to do that
      (remember: linux is real network operating system :-)
      )
      first you have to install and activate some deamons on
      each node like : ntalk, rwalld, rwhod, fingerd .

      these servers will allow you to send broadcast
      messages to all nodes, know the uptime for each node,
      know who is logged on each node

      --- xinetd_super_server
      <xinetd_super_server@...> wrote:

      > Dear all,
      > I have setup up an NIS domain in our lab, all PC are
      > having Fedora
      > Core.
      > Now I want to setup administrative tool that can
      > help me...
      > 1. to know which users have currently logged in...
      > 2. I can send messages to all connected users like
      > "Server will be
      > down in 5 Min."
      > 3. If possible... total logged in time of each User
      > and total data
      > transfer.
      > 4. How can i define limited disk quota for each user
      > on server(how to
      > configure "quotad")
      >
      > How to find who are currently logged in ??
      > Is there any utility in Linux ...like "net send" in
      > Windows ?? to
      > send msg.s to users ???
      >
      > looking for replies...
      >
      > thanx in advance....