Re: [Linux_Egypt] Fax-Modem and arabic file names

  • Shady ibn Mohammed
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 3, 2003
      salmo alikom
      I hope u read the article in www.linuxegypt.org that deals with how to make the winmodem - rockwell or motorolla - work under linux, also u can install mandrake linux that will detect it and ISA it will work

      advice

      If u have enough money , u can buy any external modem - serial one - and ISA u won't need any thing other

      Cheers!
      wa alsalamo alikom wa ra7mato ALLAH wa barakato
      Shady

        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 21, 2003
          Salamo 3alikom;

          About motorola modem; it will not work under linux any way forget that. the RPM you download works only with RedHat Linux 7.0!!!!!

          The best modem that work linux with low cost (about 50 L.E.)and available in Egypt is Rockwell and could download drivers for RockWell under linux from www.conexant.com

          About Arabic; Redhat linux 9.0 support arabic completely. Reading; writing and file names. And there is article at linux egypt site that describe how to do that.

          --
          Signature Fawzy Ibrahim
          Computer Engineering (Previously  )

        • Ahmad Kamal
          Message 4 of 4 , Nov 30, 2003
            The newest drivers support only 9.6kbps!!!! Unless u buy it.
            You may get a good driver from http://www.olitec.com/ (if u know some
            french). However, if u're buying a new modem, get an external one, or
            one that is certified to work under Linux.

            regards