Katoob is running under win32

  • Mohammed Sameer
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 1, 2003
      A priliminary win32 port of Katoob is available at:
      http://www.geocities.com/uniball13/tmp/katoob-0.3.5-win32-alpha.zip
      "The ZIP file contains the katoob executable and Gtk DLLS"
      I don't know why i uploaded it there, But probably because i didn't know
      where to put it ?

      Notes:
      * Don't say that feature X and Y are not working, Say that they are not
      working because X and Y happens.
      * No I18N Support now.
      * Don't pass command line options as they aren't interpreted "I couldn't
      find an implementation of getopt_long()"
      * Don't pass any files to open, Katoob'll probably crash! "I didn't find
      realpath()", Use the open dialog instead.
      * No source highlighting yet, I need to port gtksourceview to win32 1st
      * No spell checking, I didn't touch the code yet.
      * I don't know where the configuration is saved, Or if it's even saved ;-)
      * There is something wrong with the fonts for printing.
      * You'll not be able to print, I don't know weather I'm going to
      implement win32 support or not.
      * No PDF files unless you install ghostscript for windows.
      * I can't remember if there is more, But probably there is ;-)

      Building:
      I built the win32 version using msys/mingw32 under windows 2000.
      Don't ask me why I didn't use VC++, Probably I'll answer but after
      flaming you
      ;-)

      Grab Katoob from the CVS.
      cd /path/to/dir
      edit src/Makefile.mngw to suit your environment.
      make -f Makefile.mingw
      make -f Makefile.mingw install "To copy everything to the proper
      location"

      --
      -- Katoob Main Developer