HancomOffice with english interface

  • Mohammed Sameer
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 12, 2002
      I was playing with hancomoffice directories and i've found this
      /usr/local/HancomOffice2/Word/rc/arb
      this directory includes a set of *.ui files
      to turn the interface to english, one must translate them to english first
      horrible right ? ;)
      careful don't remove that dir otherwise you'll not get any menus or toolbars!

      --
      ----------------
      -- Katoob Main Developer "http://www.arabeyes.org/project.php?proj=Katoob"
      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 12, 2002
        asslamo 3lykom
        nice ya man, i have asked one of the technical support about that problem,
        she told me that they are working to solve this issue now.
        i think u may email her and tell her not to bother any more, hehe.
        but watta about hancom linux itself?
        1 xtra small q, did u manage to type arabic in the shell?
        p.s
        --
        wll u send me the complete translation when u complete it !?
        asslamo 3lykom
        Message 3 of 7 , Sep 13, 2002
          My Inbox Happily Received This From Hytham Shehab @ Fri, 13 Sep 2002 06:41:23 +0300

          > asslamo 3lykom
          wa 3aleikom el salam wa ra7mat allah

          > nice ya man, i have asked one of the technical support about that problem,
          > she told me that they are working to solve this issue now.
          maybe they are working on a way to switch the language on the fly,

          > i think u may email her and tell her not to bother any more, hehe.
          nop, they'll kill me ;)

          > but watta about hancom linux itself?
          really i don't know
          i didn't try it.
          but all the translations should be in
          /usr/share/locale/ar/LC_MESSAGES/

          > 1 xtra small q, did u manage to type arabic in the shell?
          i think yes but far away n the past "the console not an xterm"
          but when i tried acon now it hanged with my framebuffer kernel when i pressed CTRL+ALT+O

          > --
          > wll u send me the complete translation when u complete it !?
          Not to upset you, But i don't think i'm going to translate it!!!
          i even removed hancom office, KOffice is really good.
          salam,

          --
          ----------------
          -- Katoob Main Developer
          Linux registered user # 224950
          ICQ # 58475622
          With Great Power, Comes Great Responsibilities.
        • Shohdy
          Message 4 of 7 , Sep 14, 2002
            hi, about your last mail I have both windows2000 and linux on the same machine and windows2000 is on an NTFS partation and finally I boot using LILO without any problems.

            nice ya man, i have asked one of the technical support about that problem,
            she told me that they are working to solve this issue now.
            i think u may email her and tell her not to bother any more, hehe.
            but watta about hancom linux itself?
            1 xtra small q, did u manage to type arabic in the shell?
            p.s
            --
            wll u send me the complete translation when u complete it !?
            asslamo 3lykom

            Regret any inconvinience
          • Hytham Shehab
            Message 5 of 7 , Sep 14, 2002
              at some day, Shody wrote :
              >hi, about your last mail I have both windows2000 and linux on the same machine and windows2000 is on an NTFS partation and finally I boot using LILO without any >problems.
              nice, wll, that leads us to a simple favour:
              would you send me the lilo.conf, the hd? structure and any tricks you have to do - such as dd and these stuff - to get M$ and linux running with same boot loader !?
              thx

              --
              Hytham Shehab
            • Shohdy
              Message 6 of 7 , Sep 16, 2002
                Hi,
                I will send you my lilo.conf as soon as possible, but try to install the operating systems as follow,
                Windows98 then WindowsXP and then finally Linux and put lilo on the Master boot recored not on the boot record of the Linux paration.
                And if that didn't succeed tell me what went wrong.

                Message 7 of 7 , Sep 16, 2002
                  man, r u telling me to install WinXP !?
                  this is too boring and i think its not the only possible way
                  am waiting lilo.conf

                  thx