small problem

  • mynameisarto
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 9 2:58 AM
      I have a small problem in my Red Hat which I think that any one could
      know its solution.

      I have another users accounts for Red Hat but everytime they come to
      connect to the internet with the Kppp, it requests the ROOT password
      to connect to the net..

      So how can change this security setting to let it not ask for the
      root password??

      Your's
      mynameisarto
    • Mohammed Sameer
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 10 9:11 AM
        i've done that before when i was a redhat user
        but i don't guarantee the results
        and it's a security whole if your system is used by multiple users

        open console
        su
        root's password
        chmod a+s /usr/sbin/kppp
        rm -rf /usr/bin/kppp
        ln -s /usr/sbin/kppp /usr/bin/kppp

        the actual executable is in /usr/sbin and /usr/bin/kppp is a symlink to
        an applet that asks u for the root's password!

        --
        ----------------
        -- Uniball @ DALnet
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 11 5:23 AM
          media player problime
          after i install the mplayer with the help of uniball i
          don`t knowhow to make the move come full screen. and
          if i cick right and get full screen it make it full
          screen but the move is soo small on the midel
          so what is the problime how can i fix it?
          urs sherif

          http://sbc.yahoo.com