Re: An Idea

  • mynameisarto
    Message 1 of 10 , Jul 9, 2002
      I am ready to help in case of the website, especially in graphics but
      first I have a request.

      Let the site ask in the begining for both languages English OR
      Arabic...and I am sure that there will be no problems in translating
      the whole site to English because most of the sources were already
      English. I am also ready to translate what exists on the site as much
      as I can, since my English is good enough.

      Why do I request the availability of both languages?
      Some operating systems still doesn't have the Arabic language
      installed on their system, so why don't we make the probability of
      the sum of people who visit our site be more? We don't want to miss a
      point in our project. We have a certain mission and being careful in
      finding a solution for every disadvantage is the first way to success.

      Me personally I have the Red Hat 7.3 and I and the Arabic is enabled
      but it is not the right Arabic iso so I can't see the web page of
      Linux Egypt.

      Besides, eventhough we are very thankful to the effort of the people
      who helped in creating the website though it is not yet fully
      organised well, and there are some sites which doesn't work. These
      things are a quiet bad disadvantages which affects on Linux Egypt
      company's popularity... Have you ever seen a successful company with
      an uncomplete site?

      Your's
      mynameisarto

      <rami_sedhom@S...>
      Linux
      > > >reformat
      > > >related

      > > >Regret any inconvinience
    • Alaa The Great
      Message 2 of 10 , Jul 9, 2002
        > things are a quiet bad disadvantages which affects on Linux Egypt
        > company's popularity... Have you ever seen a successful company with
        > an uncomplete site?

        what company are you talking about??

        last time I checked we where a .org site for a non for profit cybergroup no companies involved at all.

        as for English content, it only makes sense if its original content, there is more than enough english material on Linux on the web.
        what really missing is arabic content.

        cheers,
        Alaa
        --
        Perilous to all of us are the devices of an art deeper than we ourselves
        possess.
        Message 3 of 10 , Jul 9, 2002
          What are we going to lose if we add english ?

          In case of arabic translation there is an invention called
          www.ajeeb.com

          just copy and past the english site there, and everything will be
          translated into arabic.

          Let us use our minds !

          Thanks,
          mynameisarto

          --- In Linux_Egypt@y..., Alaa The Great <alaa@a...> wrote:

          > > things are a quiet bad disadvantages which affects on Linux
          Egypt
          > > company's popularity... Have you ever seen a successful company
          with
          > > an uncomplete site?
          >
          > what company are you talking about??
          >
          > last time I checked we where a .org site for a non for profit
          cybergroup no companies involved at all.

          > as for English content, it only makes sense if its original
          content, there is more than enough english material on Linux on the
          web.
          > what really missing is arabic content.
          >
          > cheers,
          > Alaa
          > --
          > Perilous to all of us are the devices of an art deeper than we
          ourselves
          > possess.
          > -- Gandalf the Grey [J.R.R. Tolkien, "Lord of the
          Rings"]
        • Mohammed Sameer
          Message 4 of 10 , Jul 10, 2002
            yes but i think that this kind of translation is always non accurate
            for me i really love to see an english interface but that doesn't mean
            that i say no to arabic

            On Wed, 2002-07-10 at 08:00, mynameisarto wrote:
            What are we going to lose if we add english ?

            In case of arabic translation there is an invention called
            www.ajeeb.com

            just copy and past the english site there, and everything will be
            translated into arabic.

            Let us use our minds !

            Thanks,
            mynameisarto

            --- In Linux_Egypt@y..., Alaa The Great <alaa@a...> wrote:

            > > things are a quiet bad disadvantages which affects on Linux
            Egypt
            > > company's popularity... Have you ever seen a successful company
            with
            > > an uncomplete site?
            >
            > what company are you talking about??
            >
            > last time I checked we where a .org site for a non for profit
            cybergroup no companies involved at all.

            > as for English content, it only makes sense if its original
            content, there is more than enough english material on Linux on the
            web.
            > what really missing is arabic content.
            >
            > cheers,
            > Alaa
            > --
            > Perilous to all of us are the devices of an art deeper than we
            ourselves
            > possess.
            > -- Gandalf the Grey [J.R.R. Tolkien, "Lord of the
            Rings"]

            Regret any inconvinience

            ----------------
            -- Uniball @ DALnet
            Linux registered user # 224950
            ICQ # 58475622
            With Great Power, Comes Great Responsibilities.
          • Alaa The Great
            Message 5 of 10 , Jul 10, 2002
              On 10 Jul 2002 19:10:58 +0300
              Mohammed Sameer <uniball@...> wrote:

              > yes but i think that this kind of translation is always non accurate
              > for me i really love to see an english interface but that doesn't mean
              > that i say no to arabic

              I agree with the need for an english interface, as for articles, we should only publish english articles if they offer something new IMO.

              cheers,
              Alaa