Gtk2 text editor

  • Mohammed Sameer
    Message 1 of 14 , Apr 12 4:33 PM
      Hi all,
      i've finished coding a small gtk text editor for gtk2
      it is still missing some non-important features
      but i think it worths a release
      any ideas where to host the application "sourceforge.net ?"

      till we findout where anyone wants the source/srpm/rpm just tell me & i'll be glad to send it to him or to the whole group
      Message 2 of 14 , Apr 12 11:19 PM
        i'd like to have a look
        plz,
        --- Mohammed Sameer <uniball13@...> wrote:
        > Hi all,
        > i've finished coding a small gtk text editor for
        > gtk2
        > it is still missing some non-important features
        > but i think it worths a release
        > any ideas where to host the application
        > "sourceforge.net ?"
        >
        > till we findout where anyone wants the
        > source/srpm/rpm just tell me &
        > i'll be glad to send it to him or to the whole group
        >
        > --
        > ----------------
        > -- Uniball @ DALnet
        > ICQ # 58475622
        > A hacker does for love what others would not do for
        > money.

        http://taxes.yahoo.com/
      • Mohamed Eldesoky
        Message 3 of 14 , Apr 13 11:19 AM
          I think the normal place should be arabeyes.
          And you are already a member there.  ;))

          Salam
          Mohamed Eldesoky
          i've finished coding a small gtk text editor for gtk2
          it is still missing some non-important features
          but i think it worths a release
          any ideas where to host the application "sourceforge.net ?"

          till we findout where anyone wants the source/srpm/rpm just tell me & i'll be glad to send it to him or to the whole group
          --
          ----------------
          -- Uniball @ DALnet
          ICQ # 58475622
          A hacker does for love what others would not do for money.

          Regret any inconvinience
        • Alaa The Great
          Message 4 of 14 , Apr 13 3:42 PM
            On Sat, 13 Apr 2002 20:19:47 +0200
            "Mohamed Eldesoky" <arabi@...> wrote:

            > I think the normal place should be arabeyes.
            > And you are already a member there. ;))

            maybe it should be given some space on our groups webpage, what do you
            think?? and sourceforge is not a bad idea.

            sorry I never got to check it, why don't you send me the latest (stable??)
            and I'll take a look 3latool.

            cheers,
            Alaa
          • Mohamed Eldesoky
            Message 5 of 14 , Apr 14 12:25 AM
              I think mohammed sameer was asking about projects hosting.
              I mean something that provides CVS for example.
              Arabeyes can give him that, actually they welcommed that too.
              Arabeyes is the Linux Arabization Site.  www.arabeyes.org

              Message 6 of 14 , Apr 14 10:18 AM
                On Sun, 2002-04-14 at 09:25, Mohamed Eldesoky wrote:
                I think mohammed sameer was asking about projects hosting.
                I mean something that provides CVS for example.
                Arabeyes can give him that, actually they welcommed that too.
                Arabeyes is the Linux Arabization Site. www.arabeyes.org

                i don't think they'll welcome that!
                if you know the story of dict "Arabeyes english/arabic dictionary"
                you'll know why!!!!!!!

              • Mohammed Sameer
                Message 7 of 14 , Apr 14 12:35 PM
                  check your inbox!

                  On Sun, 2002-04-14 at 19:58, Alaa The Great wrote:

                  whats the story?? what happened? tell me I love gossip :-)

                  when are you going to send me the latest snapshot??

                  cheers,
                  Alaa
                  --
                  ----------------
                  Message 8 of 14 , Apr 14 1:25 PM
                    I know the story of the dictionary from the beginning.
                    But they already have welcomed your program

                    Salam
                    Mohamed Eldesoky

                    Message 9 of 14 , Apr 16 2:57 PM
                      Ok
                      can you handle this for me plz ?
                      but i don't know if i';; have time to improve it within the next 2 or 3 monthes or not!

                      On Sun, 2002-04-14 at 22:25, Mohamed Eldesoky wrote:
                      I know the story of the dictionary from the beginning.
                      But they already have welcomed your program

                      Salam
                      Mohamed Eldesoky
                      On Sun, 2002-04-14 at 09:25, Mohamed Eldesoky wrote:
                          I think mohammed sameer was asking about projects hosting.
                          I mean something that provides CVS for example.
                          Arabeyes can give him that, actually they welcommed that too.
                          Arabeyes is the Linux Arabization Site.  www.arabeyes.org

                      i don't think they'll welcome that!
                      if you know the story of dict "Arabeyes english/arabic dictionary"
                      you'll know why!!!!!!!

                      Regret any inconvinience
                      Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
                      Click Here!

                      Regret any inconvinience
                      ICQ # 58475622
                      A hacker does for love what others would not do for money.
                    • mahmoud hassen
                      Message 10 of 14 , Apr 19 12:34 PM
                        salam every body,
                        i was think if hotmail will still pop services is free
                        and if so how can i use eudora with hotmail.
                        i try alot to use it , but i fail.

                        salam for now
                        mahmoud desokey

                        http://taxes.yahoo.com/
                      • Mohammed Sameer
                        Message 11 of 14 , Apr 20 9:46 AM
                          no my friend
                          hotmail doesn't provide pop access
                          it use http instead of pop
                          with such a closed protocol you must use outlook express to access your mail
                          i heard that outlook xp can access hotmail but i didn't try it
                          anyone can set masrawy.com on any email client ??

                          On Fri, 2002-04-19 at 21:34, mahmoud hassen wrote:
                          salam every body,
                          i was think if hotmail will still pop services is free
                          and if so how can i use eudora with hotmail.
                          i try alot to use it , but i fail.

                          salam for now
                          mahmoud desokey

                          http://taxes.yahoo.com/

                          Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
                          Click Here!

                          Regret any inconvinience
                          ICQ # 58475622
                          A hacker does for love what others would not do for money.
                          Woman was made from the rib of man, She was not created from his head to top him, Nor form his feet to be stepped upon, She was made from his side to be close to him, From beneath his arm to be protected by him, Near his heart to be loved by him.
                        • NadER
                          Message 12 of 14 , Apr 22 10:31 AM

                            Hi,

                            May be that’s because hotmail use html mail not pop3.

                            NadER
                          • osos bg
                            Message 13 of 14 , Apr 25 11:41 AM

                              but the new ver of outlook deals with hotmail with http very good

                              samsoma
                              >From: "NadER"
                              >Subject: Re: [Linux_Egypt] Hotmail users
                              >Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2002 19:31:52 +0200
                              >From sentto-3913674-2836-1019510322-osos_bahgat Mon, 22 Apr 2002 14:21:55 -0700
                              >

                              >Hi,
                              >
                              >May be that's because hotmail use html mail not pop3.
                              >
                              >NadER

                            • S a 6 r y
                              Message 14 of 14 , Jan 5, 2005
                                i think hotmail do not support POP3 !

                                anyway you can try islamway.net .. very great & stable

                                Sa6ry
                                Computer Engineering
                                Application-developer ( VC, Win32 assembly, C/C++ )
                                Web-developer ( HTML, PHP, CGI/Perl, Flash, Java Applet .. etc )
                                Database-developer
                                Cartoon-Artist