Conexant modem

  • Ali Hussain Mualla
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 4, 2002
      Hi all
          Back again in the group. Finally got Mandrake 8.1, feels like (actally it is) another world.

          Now, I've been trying to make my Conexant modem work under linux, but didn't succed 'till now. I've downloaded the drivers from the internet. All I'm getting when running the ins_all file is a long list that looks like:
              file_name: unresolved symbol symbol_name
      In the log file I found warnings that say the drivers are compiled for kernel 2.4.0 and I'm running 2.4.8. I also checked for conflicts, but found none.

          The bottom line, I want to check my email from linux so I can spend more time learning this wonderful OS.

          Regards, Ali Mualla
    • Mohammed Sameer
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 4, 2002
        from where did you get the drivers ?
        i know that they are designed for 2.2 kernels but there is a wrapper around for the 2.4 kernels
        i remember getting an internal rockwell running under redhat 7.2

        On Thu, 2002-04-04 at 15:41, Ali Hussain Mualla wrote:
        Hi all
            Back again in the group. Finally got Mandrake 8.1, feels like (actally it is) another world.

            Now, I've been trying to make my Conexant modem work under linux, but didn't succed 'till now. I've downloaded the drivers from the internet. All I'm getting when running the ins_all file is a long list that looks like:
                file_name: unresolved symbol symbol_name
        In the log file I found warnings that say the drivers are compiled for kernel 2.4.0 and I'm running 2.4.8. I also checked for conflicts, but found none.

            The bottom line, I want to check my email from linux so I can spend more time learning this wonderful OS.

            Regards, Ali Mualla
        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

        Regret any inconvinience
        ICQ # 58475622
        Linux is one of the major improvements of my mind!

      • Ali Hussain Mualla
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 4, 2002
          I can't recall the site ,cause it was at the Internet cafe in the university, but the file name is HSF_V40600_Redhat_2.4.2-2.tar.gz and it is for Redhat 7.2 kernel 2.4.2 as the name implies. Isn't mandrake Linux Redhat compatible???

              Regards, Ali Mualla

          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 4, 2002
            Hi all,
                     Try these drivers and tell me. This page is full of drivers. I recommend you use the Doctor drivers under Windows. They are better IMHO.
            NB: Try different drivers if u r a tweak freak like me. If you want everything to just work, stick to ur old driver.
            NB2: There is another page for HCF modems
            http://www.modem-help.co.uk/chips/conhsf.html

            _________________________________________________________ Do You Yahoo!? Get your free @... address at http://mail.yahoo.com