Re: [Linux_Egypt] Mandrake - Modem

  • Mohamed Eldesoky
    Message 1 of 9 , Feb 2, 2002
      Filesystem supports needs that support to be in the kernel
      May be your kernel doesn't support NTFS
      However it is just an assumption it doesn't

      Salam
      Mohamed Eldesoky
      Message 2 of 9 , Feb 2, 2002
        On Sat, 2 Feb 2002 23:49:06 +0200
        "Ashraf Al Shafaki" <shafaki@...> wrote:

        > thanks for the advice, but it seems Linux cannot access NTFS. seems
        >Microzeft has closed it, "closed source" ;->
        no I'm sure it does, here is what the mount man page says
        -t vfstype
        The argument following the -t is used to indicate
        the file system type. The file system types which
        are currently supported are: adfs, affs, autofs,
        coda, coherent, cramfs, devpts, efs, ext, ext2,
        ext3, hfs, hpfs, iso9660, minix, msdos, ncpfs, nfs,
        ntfs, proc, qnx4, reiserfs, romfs, smbfs, sysv,
        udf, ufs, umsdos, vfat, xenix, xfs, xiafs. Note
        that coherent, sysv and xenix are equivalent and
        that xenix and coherent will be removed at some
        point in the future -- use sysv instead. Since ker­
        nel version 2.1.21 the types ext and xiafs do not
        exist anymore.

        and you'll notice it has ntfs, but the problem may be with the kernel maybe
        ntfs support isn't compiled with the Mandrake kernel.

        cheers,
        Alaa